“Less than mediocre” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9,153 of 22,217 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$67 - US$67
Cuisines: Latin, Brazilian, Barbecue, Spanish, South American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Notting Hill
London
“Less than mediocre”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Ok so I'll admit that having being to beautiful churrascarias is Brazil this had a lot to live up to but I held out high hopes. We were greeted half hearted lay and sat by the main door. Everyone who came in after held this door open for some time, on a cold evening and the staff did nothing to usher or encourage them inside. The salad bar is less than average and very limited. The Brazilian dishes were ok but a lot I tried were cold and had clearly been sat out fir some time. The meat was average, not good enough quality, too stringy and needed to floss my teeth pretty much immediately. As per the Brazilian thing we turned our cards to red and were chatting whilst my friend was 'resting' before they had some more food. The staff, who don't talk to eachother clearly, must have come up to us every other minute asking us if we were finished yet. In the end I had to be quite politely direct and ask them to stop asking as it was intrusive and unprofessional. At one point we couldn't catch the eye of a waiter and caught the eye of the lady at the bar. We asked her for coffees which she acknowledged slightly condescendingly and then sent a waiter across to ask us again what we wanted. Whatever was going on here it looked like talking to customers was below her 'rank'. Irish coffee was poor. Bill was too high for what we received and service was automatically added which I objected to as the service was next to non existent. I went to try the place out before taking a bigger group of friends there this month. I wouldn't to Brazil the disservice of going back with them or on my own. Very disappointing.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank renbabe

Bern, Switzerland
“Tough but generous”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stumbled on this unabashedly carnivorous eatery after being unable to find a table at the nearby Hereford Road restaurant. We've never sampled Brazilian restaurant food but the place was full and we decided to give it a go and were shown to a tiny table beside the window.

For £25 we were provided with a salad and warm buffet as well as numerous helpings of various meats which were being roasted before our eyes. The salads were fresh but many were heavy on the vinegar. We didn't try the hot dishes which looked rather stodgy. The meat included various Brazilian beef cuts such as picanha (rump), as well as pork sausage, chicken legs and heart and I'm told lamb, though I'm not sure I sampled this.

And that was the problem really, the meat was all much a muchness and it was tough and heavily seasoned. The carvers did keep coming round to our table, the waiters and staff were warm and welcoming and we did enjoy the Brazilian beer as well as the reasonable bill, but this dining experience confirmed our suspicions that Argentinian beef is far superior to Brazilian (or Uruguayan).

I would only recommend this place to a really hungry carnivore.

• Visited February 2014
London, United Kingdom
“carnivours delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Had heard lots about this restaurant and decided to give it a go and we were not let down.

12-4pm £19:00 PP for eat as much as you like.

On entering you are given a card with green on one side - red on the other. You help yourself to the extensive salad/cold meat/veg selection then the chef comes round with hot meat on the skewer. Every cut of beef imaginable from rare to well done...absolutely delicious. Next was the lamb....Mmmmm..chicken, pork...it goes on & on. If you wish for a break between the different meats then just turn your card to red and you wont be bothered by anyone. The Chef keeps a close look out for the green card and promt service commences.
A bottle of wine is slightly pricey but nothing to much to complain about.
The best meat I have tasted in a long time. We will be back

• Visited February 2014
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Meat, meat, meat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

And more meat, if it takes your fancy.
Salad bar is average, service as much as required - but good quality meats served expertly at your table. At first the £25 price tag per head excluding drinks appears a little steep, but if you have hungry men with you it is well worth it - not so for poor little women though.

Visited January 2013
“Meat was similar to the sole of me shoe”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

Such a shame - this used to be one of my favourite restaurants. Firstly, my boyfriend found a hair in one of the buffet salads. This was his first time there so he understood these things happen, but when the meat started to come, we realised why we are not regulars here. I used to visit the restaurant all the time with my parents due to our love of Brazilian food, but this restaurant gives the cuisine a bad name. Although the sides, such as the fajao and pau do quijo were good, the meat was terrible, and could not even be chewed. Such a shame...

• Visited November 2013