“Not authentic, disappointing”

Price range: US$67 - US$67
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Notting Hill
Description: If you have never tried or even heard of Brazilian cuisine, this is the place to go. Rodizio is a method of serving meat originating in Southern Brazil - a kind of South American barbecue affair. The restaurant is decked out in lots of wood with walls covered in pictures of parrots and Brazilian natives. There is live Brazilian music on Saturday nights and Brazilian dancers on some evenings. Great for confirmed carnivores, although they do have a wide range of vegetarian dishes as well. Mainly barbecued meat of all descriptions with some interesting side dishes such as fried beans or feijoado - black beans with port.
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I’ve been in dozen churrascarias before. This one is embarrassing the others… There is just the idea of the Brazilian churrascaria, but they can’t make it work as should be.
The salad bar got very limited options, much less than should. And the quality is far from the other Brazilian restaurants.

The meat has to be the more important thing in these restaurants, but they can’t prepare the meat properly, they can’t control the grill and they can’t serve it as they should. The variety of meat are limited and the quality also not good. They don’t know what they are doing in the grill.

They have the card to sign to the waiters. Green means ‘keep serving’, red says ‘no, thanks’. Simple? Not for them…

2  Thank Rafael P

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Brings me back to living in São Paolo. Love the fact they will bring you the meat the way you like it cooked. Don't fill yourselves up with the salad, until you have had some slices of picanha!

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I like all things Brazilian and have enjoyed eating at this restaurant in the past, so last night I went there again and had an experience which myself and the other guests will never forget.

The place was busy and the grill caught fire!!! The flames looked large at first and you could see that one guy was struggling to reduce it. After a minute, it appeared to be much calmer, then suddenly as I looked up at the huge HVAC pipe it was on fire and someone shouted Out!! Out!! Out!!! Out!! and there was a huge panic as everyone ran for the exit. The place was on fire. The evacuation took less than a minute and the staff stayed inside frantically trying to control the fire. The fire brigade seemed to take a while to arrive and by the time they got there, the staff seemed to have outed the fire and there was just smoke. At a glance, none of the 60 to 70 customers appeared to be hurt or injured, but it could have been much worse. Maybe there was a huge build up of fat behind the grills or in the HVAC system with all the grilled meat which characterizes this restaurant; maybe it was a lack of training, or defective grills or whatever, but, it was a shocking experience which could have been fatal for the guest if the pipe with flames had exploded. This type of grilled restaurant needs a more rigorous risk assessment by the authorities who grant their licenses, in order to protect the public. Before the incident, most things were fine and I was almost about to ask for the bill when the indoor bonfire caught my attention. The management should now consider restricting the menu to just a la carte.

3  Thank bigsands
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Ok so I'll admit that having being to beautiful churrascarias is Brazil this had a lot to live up to but I held out high hopes. We were greeted half hearted lay and sat by the main door. Everyone who came in after held this door open for some time, on a cold evening and the staff did nothing to usher or encourage them inside. The salad bar is less than average and very limited. The Brazilian dishes were ok but a lot I tried were cold and had clearly been sat out fir some time. The meat was average, not good enough quality, too stringy and needed to floss my teeth pretty much immediately. As per the Brazilian thing we turned our cards to red and were chatting whilst my friend was 'resting' before they had some more food. The staff, who don't talk to eachother clearly, must have come up to us every other minute asking us if we were finished yet. In the end I had to be quite politely direct and ask them to stop asking as it was intrusive and unprofessional. At one point we couldn't catch the eye of a waiter and caught the eye of the lady at the bar. We asked her for coffees which she acknowledged slightly condescendingly and then sent a waiter across to ask us again what we wanted. Whatever was going on here it looked like talking to customers was below her 'rank'. Irish coffee was poor. Bill was too high for what we received and service was automatically added which I objected to as the service was next to non existent. I went to try the place out before taking a bigger group of friends there this month. I wouldn't to Brazil the disservice of going back with them or on my own. Very disappointing.

1  Thank renbabe
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stumbled on this unabashedly carnivorous eatery after being unable to find a table at the nearby Hereford Road restaurant. We've never sampled Brazilian restaurant food but the place was full and we decided to give it a go and were shown to a tiny table beside the window.

For £25 we were provided with a salad and warm buffet as well as numerous helpings of various meats which were being roasted before our eyes. The salads were fresh but many were heavy on the vinegar. We didn't try the hot dishes which looked rather stodgy. The meat included various Brazilian beef cuts such as picanha (rump), as well as pork sausage, chicken legs and heart and I'm told lamb, though I'm not sure I sampled this.

And that was the problem really, the meat was all much a muchness and it was tough and heavily seasoned. The carvers did keep coming round to our table, the waiters and staff were warm and welcoming and we did enjoy the Brazilian beer as well as the reasonable bill, but this dining experience confirmed our suspicions that Argentinian beef is far superior to Brazilian (or Uruguayan).

I would only recommend this place to a really hungry carnivore.