“Always great experience”

Neighbourhood: Clapham / Battersea
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always great experience”
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

I have often come to this lovely restaurant. The food is always of the best standard and the welcome very friendly (I love the new decorated look!). I tend to go for a mixed stater combination to share and then a Pad Thai with Pak choi. The perfume and spice combinations are exquisite, just perfect for my taste buds! I definitely recommend this little gem of a restaurant.

London, United Kingdom
“A Thai experience !”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

This was our favourite local restaurant ! They reopened recently after refurnishment and we were so pleased to discover that the food was as good as ever..! We recommend the breaded prawns, the special pad Thai with prawns and chicken, the delicious green curry ...and if you like spice : the waterfall salad ...! But ..each time we discover something new....
The service is brilliant and the lady owner is absolutely charming and will advice and look after you with a lot of care. DO not expect to be serve very quickly...every dish is fresh and made for you according to your preference in spices. ( 20 mins wait is usual..) Just relax with a glass of wine ( the new wine list is brilliant.!) We usually take the pinot grigio which goes so well with Thai food..!
The new decoration is more modern very pleasant and beautiful !!! I
It is not only good food and brilliant service.. it is a delicate Thai experience !

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank RAWDE2002
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Seen better days.”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I used to go here when it first opened in the late 80's.Thai food was not as available then. On Saturday one of our dishes was boiled prawns...supposed to be stir fried with chilli and thai basil. When we were asked how the food was we politely pointed out that the stir fried prawns were a bit bland and not stir fried. The Lady owner then started to tell us very rudely that it was not chinese food and they don't use oyster sauce! They need to go and see what all the excellent Thai Cafes are doing around Battersea. I think it is just an outdated formula and the competition has overtaken them.

• Visited September 2013
Jersey
“Great food & service”
Reviewed 6 November 2012 via mobile

We thought we would try this restaurant as it was not far from my daughter's flat and she was always impressed by the white table cloths and sparkling glasses which she noticed as she passed. Personally I have always found that these two signs are good indicators of a restaurant that cares about the food it serves as well as its appearance, once again this proved correct. The service was good and the food cooked just right, the vegetables had a bite to them and everything tasted fresh. There is a modest wine list and the New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc and the Pinot Noir were very good at around £28 each. For two courses each, wine and coffee the bill came to £133 for four people which I thought was very good value. Well worth a visit if you are in the vicinity.

London
“Disappointing service otherwise nice restaurant”
Reviewed 4 February 2012

I have been twice to that restaurant. The first time was a nice experience. The second time, the manager was away and we were almost pushed away by the waitress. They picked up the plate of my friend before I finished eating and gave us the bill before we had an opportunity to order any desert. The food is good and the place is charming, but I have never wanted to go back since.