“Chada”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Clapham / Battersea
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Quite a popular Thai restaurant but it doesn't hit the spot for me. The food is OK but the service is a bit formal and stuffy. Have seen Sir Bob Geldoff in here!

Reviewed 10 December 2013

This is one of the most authentic and best Thai restaurants we have ever visited. In a league of its own...

And we have been to Thailand several times...

Service? Couldn't be found better anyplace else. Impeccable.

Will we come back? Anytime. A real gem if you are looking for good Thai food.

Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

I have often come to this lovely restaurant. The food is always of the best standard and the welcome very friendly (I love the new decorated look!). I tend to go for a mixed stater combination to share and then a Pad Thai with Pak choi. The perfume and spice combinations are exquisite, just perfect for my taste buds! I definitely recommend this little gem of a restaurant.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

This was our favourite local restaurant ! They reopened recently after refurnishment and we were so pleased to discover that the food was as good as ever..! We recommend the breaded prawns, the special pad Thai with prawns and chicken, the delicious green curry ...and if you like spice : the waterfall salad ...! But ..each time we discover something new....
The service is brilliant and the lady owner is absolutely charming and will advice and look after you with a lot of care. DO not expect to be serve very quickly...every dish is fresh and made for you according to your preference in spices. ( 20 mins wait is usual..) Just relax with a glass of wine ( the new wine list is brilliant.!) We usually take the pinot grigio which goes so well with Thai food..!
The new decoration is more modern very pleasant and beautiful !!! I
It is not only good food and brilliant service.. it is a delicate Thai experience !

1  Thank RAWDE2002
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I used to go here when it first opened in the late 80's.Thai food was not as available then. On Saturday one of our dishes was boiled prawns...supposed to be stir fried with chilli and thai basil. When we were asked how the food was we politely pointed out that the stir fried prawns were a bit bland and not stir fried. The Lady owner then started to tell us very rudely that it was not chinese food and they don't use oyster sauce! They need to go and see what all the excellent Thai Cafes are doing around Battersea. I think it is just an outdated formula and the competition has overtaken them.