“Mediterranean food in the City”
Review of Haz Restaurant

Haz Restaurant
Ranked #3,827 of 23,995 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$28 - US$42
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City of London
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Had lunch in Haz with colleagues. Restaurant is relatively near the Liverpool Street tube station. Service was very polite and efficient, the food is Mediterranean cuisine: mixed mezzes, chicken/lamb kuftas and the like. This was a good experience though nothing in the restaurant was standing out in particular. Clientle during lunch is mainly workers from nearby offices.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Great place to eat freshly cooked food. Mixed Meze to start followed by a delicious mixed grill of chicken, lamb and kofte (plus rice and chips - don't ask). Wine was excellent but then it should have been!

Reviewed 8 February 2014

okay, we ate Haz for a business lunch with five other people. We arrived around 1:30 and the restaurant was still busy with patrons. We sat by the window just pasted the front door to the left. Our wait staff was prompt and made a recommendations. All of us selected the mix grill plate. We had olives and bread for starters. The bread was some of the best we had all week. The entrée was delivered to the table about 20 minutes after placing the order. The grilled chicken was tasty and the pork medallions (I think it was pork) was really good, just had to trim some of the fat off the edges. The meat with fresh spice was the best and all told, I couldn't finish my meal. Great price for what you get and would recommend this place as a lunch stop. Will return when we are back in London.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

The mixed meze was enough for me - delicious, filling and flavoursome. My friend also had the mixed grill and was too full to finish!

And a comlimentary brandy at the end of the meal!

1  Thank Nigel k
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I have been to this restaurant scores of times since about 2001. I always have the lamb cubes, luscious globules of lamb from the barbecue. I think these are better than at most other Turkish places I have visited. Sometimes we just have starters. We often go during the weekend, when the place is less full. I can see that during the week it might become just too popular. It is open during the afternoons so it is like a brasserie.. One of the other things I like about the place is that the decor is very restrained, more like a five star New York restaurant than a London Turkish. Linen tablecloths and napkins. We always receive a warm welcome.

1  Thank Alanais31420