“Surprisingly good”

Price range: US$27 - US$41
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City of London
Reviewed 10 August 2014

A number of people have recommended this restaurant to me so I was a little sceptical about whether it would live up to its reputation. However, the staff were friendly, the restaurant was light and airy and the food was very good. Rather than order main courses, we selected a number of the "starters" which are actually tapas. These turned out to be a variety of dishes that worked perfectly. I would comment that the tables are set out a little close to each other and had it been busier, the experience would probably not have been as good. That said, this is now a place that I am recommending to others.

There are newer reviews for Haz Restaurant

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I must admit to being a bit of a Haz fan and so now I choose the dishes I am going to have well before I even arrive. There are a number of Haz restaurants but I always go to this one as I know the food is going to be good. It’s a big, modern space and if there is one complaint it is that the tables are all laid out in long rows and if it is busy then you can end up very close to the next table. As it is, I usually go here after work before it gets too busy.

I have on occasion had the main meals here and they are very nice, but I believe the forte here is the starters/small plates – Turkish meze. The choice is enormous but every one is more delicious than the next. On my most recent visit, my friend and I shared 7 of these, with some Turkish bread and a bottle of white wine – it was fabulous as always. Personal favourites are the Ezme salad – hot with chillies but refreshing with its fresh tomatoes, borek, cacik and imam bayildi. But the garlic prawns, meatballs, spicy sausage are also very good. I love eating like this – order a few, if you are still hungry – order a few more – and all are served with the delicious Turkish bread. It’s not cheap being in the City but neither is it really expensive and they also do very reasonable set meze deals.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

This was the worst experience I ever had in London. Staff does not care about you although the restaurant wasn't busy, the meat is low quality and the drinks that they serve are different from what explained in the menu (I took a Spritz and they brought me a glass of white wine with soda). Sincerely it would be better if I would have gone to a fast food. DISGUSTED.

2  Thank Maxi_Max00
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Excellent Food and service. All the dishes from starters to mains good. The kebabs are cooked to perfection. The Manager makes you feel most welcome as though you are a regular diner. Good Decor and the restaurant llooks fresh. Well Recommended.... Give it a go if you want to try good Turkish food.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Went to Haz with a colleague last week and we had a fabulous lunch from the set menu - just enough choice for each course with unlimited bread.
Great service and not too expensive.
Would go again