“This gem of a local pub is staying open!”
Review of Castle - CLOSED

Cuisines: Bar, British, Grill
Neighbourhood: Clapham / Battersea
Neighbourhood: Clapham / Battersea
London, United Kingdom
“This gem of a local pub is staying open!”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

This is my local pub and I was saddened by the threat of it closing down to make way for a residential building with a number of flats. Though admittedly, people need a place to live, people also need communities to have a fiulfilling life experience. At the Castle, I found that elusive community which so many of us look for in their neighbourhoods. For the past six months, whilst I have lived here, whenever I have gone to the Castle, I have made new friends.

Last week, the Castle threw a huge goodbye party when the locals were delighted to hear that it has been given a lifeline by the council. The Kiwi owners are warm and friendly, have a great selection of beers (including the local Wandle) and wine and cook a mean sunday roast. What's not to like!

Long live the Castle!