“Owner has no concept of customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Ratchada Thai Restaurant - CLOSED

Ratchada Thai Restaurant
Price range: US$8 - US$18
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating
Description: The finest, authentic Thai cuisine Prepared from the best ingredients direct from Thailand. Our Thai restaurant offers open plan dining with none of the usual oriental cliches.
London, United Kingdom
“Owner has no concept of customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Please avoid. I wish I had read these reviews before ordering a takeaway which took two hours to recieve from the time I ordered but I also had to go and collect! Apparently the delivery driver had had a car accident so no orders could be delivered but the waiters did not seem to know any details of this when another customer enquired further.

The owner did not make any effort to make an apology to myself despite stating that my order would be ready to be collected in twenty further minutes (one hour after it had been initially ordered!) which then proceded to be ready a further forty minutes after I arrived at the restautant! I paid when I first arrived to collect my takeaway and then wasn't even offered my change. Upon my food finally being ready I anticipated some kind of refund or prawn crackers at the very least but neither were offered and not even an apology was made by the owner. One of the waiters (possibly her son) offered a very sheepish and quiet apology which I presume he did not want her to hear. Despite feeling quite sorry for him I cannot feel sorry for an owner that does not know the meaning of customer service. The kitchen was caotic (despite only two tables dining in the restaurant they still managed to get the orders muddled up), looked dirty and I even saw rice being heated up in microwaves as I finally received my food.

The food was alright, it was nothing special but wasn't too bad in fairness. It was however ridiculously expensive (£27 for a quick Saturday night takeaway) and certainly not worth waiting two hours for. If the owner had any sort of customer service I could forgive that but unfortunately it seems like an all to common experience based on the reviews on this site already.

I would suggest you all avoid this place if you want a good experience!

• Visited May 2014
6 Thank London269

Lausanne, Switzerland
“Psychopathic Owner”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Avoid this restaurant please. The kitchen is dirty. Food is terrible. Service is slow. Owner is impolite.

• Visited May 2014
7 Thank MicJagy
“Love Thai food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Great food and friendly staff ever !! Of course when I get back to UK I will go this restaurant !! Thank you

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank Chanachai B
London, United Kingdom
“Extremely expensive takeaway”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

£49 pounds for not very much, not very tasty, long wait ... And it was a take away!!! Not good value for money!

Visited March 2014
9 Thank Katfamily
“Psychopathic Owner”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Avoid this like the plague unless you like to be abused and threatened... Your evening will end up being one of the worst you have ever had. That's what this woman guarantees...

• Visited March 2014