“Not so great” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8,256 of 22,202 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$25 - US$43
Cuisines: Eastern European, Georgian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: South Kensington
Description: The best Georgian Restaurant in the heart of London.
“Not so great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2013

I went to Mimino with Georgian friends and we were all disappointed by the food. I am quite knowledgeable about Georgian food and can tell if it's not authentic, and unfortunately it wasn't.
I am used to going to Georgian restaurants in Moscow, which are amazing. We ordered pkhali which tasted awful, as if it was off. I told our waiter it didn't taste right and he took it back to the kitchen. The khatchapouri was so so, not sure if it was because of the quality of the suluguni cheese or the way it was baked, but it was nothing special.
Badrejan was acceptable, but again nowhere near the authentic version. The staff is very nice though, our waiter was from Moldova and he was very friendly and professional. He took off the pkhali from the bill.
Will not go there again, I really hope I'll find a good Georgian restaurant in London, it is one of my favourite cuisines

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank Sabrina B

Moscow
“Great Georgian food experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

Fantastic Georgian food in the centre of London! Very tasty authentic food (and big portions), live music, perfect patient staff! Amazing wine. Staff speaks Georgian, Russian and English. Nice place not only to come with friends, but for a romantic dinner as well. Would definitely be back!

• Visited March 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great for food for good price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013

Been there 2 times this year and probably will come back with my friends few more time.

The food is traditional Georgian style and quality of meat is great.

Amazing place for celebrating your birthday or just have a romantic dinner. Staff proffesional and know what they are doing.

The last time was there on 27 February and i think will come this month.

• Visited February 2013
Goychay, Azerbaijan
“Excellent Georgian Cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

Mimino has very authentic Georgian Cuisine considering how far we are from the Caucasus.

Like any Georgian restaurant the wine list is extensive and excellent. The starters were very well prepared, particularly the lobio.

The Khinkalli was brilliant as was the Svadi. Its so difficult to find skewered pork in the UK, since most skewered meats are eitherserved in curry houses or turkish / kurdish kebab shops and their muslim monopoly means only chicken and lamb.

Of particular note was the chacha (Georgian grape liquer) flown in fro Georgia.

The atmosphere is great and the ambienc makes this an excellent option for large groups. I found the waiting staff to be very attentive and welcoming.

The only twocomplaints I would have is that I think this place is a bit on the expensive side and that my favourite Georgian dish, chakapuli, was not on the menu.

Having said that Chakapuli is not usually known bu non-Georgians and the rest of the menu is excellent.

I definitely recommend Mimino but please be advised that it is expensive.

• Visited January 2013
“Very disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2013

The only thing that I cannot fault at Mimino is the wine - and the restaurant had little to do with that! Came in a group of 5 (not overly demanding), the service was slow if not non-existent. We had to continuously remind them we were there and, to make things worse, they forgot to put through one of our starters and one of our main courses. When we asked for more bread with the mains that did arrive we were told there was none and it would take a further 20mins to bake if we wanted it. Quite frankly, you'd expect an apology or discount for such bad service, but we were brushed under the carpet as though we were a hassle to serve. Won't be going back here.

• Visited December 2012