“Make Sure You Try This Restaurant While In London”
Review of Citrus Restaurant - CLOSED

Citrus Restaurant
Price range: US$0 - US$39
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Description: Citrus is a casual restaurant featuring modern Italian cuisine. Passionate about the fresh, lively flavours and ingredients of modern Italian cooking, Citrus' chefs create menus that combine the best of traditional Italian dishes with modern techniques and flavours. All foods are made entirely from fresh ingredients in-house, including the ice-creams and sorbets. We pride ourselves in friendly service, and our team will be happy to offer recommendations and answer any questions that you may have about our menu. In the Summer, our terrace is a great place to relax for a lunch with friends, overlooking Green Park. Citrus restaurant was awarded a"Certificate of Excellence" by TripAdvisor in 2013 with which is given to businesses and restaurants that consistently earn top ratings from travellers.
Toronto
“Make Sure You Try This Restaurant While In London”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Italian food, with Italian music in the background, served in an intimate setting. Not only is the food very good, but the service is spot on - knowledgeable servers right there when you need them, but not "hovering".

I had never heard of this restaurant, but since I was staying in the hotel (The Park Lane Sheraton) of which it serves as the fine dining room, I decided to try it out. I ended up coming back a second day, despite many other options in the area. You can enter off the Piccadilly side lobby of the hotel, or from Piccadilly Street itself, through the small outside patio area.

When I had dinner, it was relatively early, and my experience is that service often suffers at that time, because the staff have other duties that take them away from the dining room. Here, it was the opposite. Service was friendly, on point, and knowledgeable. When I asked about things on the menu, staff were able to describe them, not just technically, but in a way that I could understand well. They did this, and everything else, with such happy attitudes that I felt like I was in Thailand (the Land of Smiles). They were friendly and engaged, but when I needed to get a little work done over dinner, they understood immediately and left me alone.

And the food? Well, I am a big fan of Italian food, and I come from a city, Toronto, that has a broad selection of first class Italian restaurants (better than New York, by the way). It is not easy to get me to say an Italian restaurant has great food.

Citrus has great food. Is it the best I've ever had (out of hundreds or even thousands of Italian restaurants)? Maybe not, but it is in the top ten, certainly. Bruschetta was done in the traditional style, perfectly. Tortolone was a creative and tasty surprise, nothing like what I expected. The second day, chicken was cooked exactly right, and served with a roulade that showed a talented chef in top form.

The wine list is fairly short, but some pretty good choices, with a heavy emphasis on Italian wines (surprise). They have another list, Starwood's Wines of the World, with a slightly more eclectic selection, if Italian wine is not your favourite.

I would go back to this restaurant in a second, and I will for sure recommend it to all of my friends. This is the way food should be cooked and served.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank jshepherd

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing pasta!”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Booked a table for two on opentable.com which came with an amazing offer, all of our food 50% off. My friend and I both had a pasta for starter, and for main, I had the rib-eye, and she had the monkfish. Unfortunately the monkfish had to be replaced by cod, which was not as exciting.
Both pasta dishes were amazing, probably the best pasta I've ever had in London (and I love pasta!) The crab linguine was heaven like, so I will certainly go back for the pasta!
The two main dishes were fairly nice, especially considering how much they cost! Desserts were also good.
We also each had a cocktail to start us off, the one recommended to me was very nice as well and 9.50 for a cocktail in central London is certainly not over priced.
It is also worth mention that the service was very decent, although the first waiter who brought us the bill did not give us the 50% discount after I have specifically mentioned it to him. After pointing it out to the manager, he was very apologetic, therefore it was not a big problem at all.
The bill came to around 30 pound each, and it was very decent. Will certainly return soon!

• Visited May 2014
Telford, United Kingdom
“Perfect food”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

You get starter, main and desert all amazing!

starter- I had soup which was definitely not out a packet
Main- I had a traditional tasty margarita
Desert- I had a range of sorbets

Visited October 2013
Coimbra, Portugal
“Good food,poor service...”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Our family of 3 went to Citrus for a pre-theatre meal. We booked on toptable website and had a discount of 50% on food. If not for this promotion the dinner would have been clearly overpriced for what it was.
My husband and son choosed the Tuscan Fish Stew as a starter.For the mains I went for the Cosciotti di Pollo Marinati, my husband choosed the Spaghetti alle Vongole and my son ate Lasagne al Forno.
Tiramisu and Ice-cream at the end of the meal.
The food was good. Not exceptional,only good. The service was really poor. The staff was more interested in talking to each other than to serve the customers.
Lots of waiting time between dishes. At the end the bill came without the toptable discount. This was the first time that it happened. After I complain the lady gave me another bill with the correct amount.
With so many options in London to dinner probably I would not go to Citrus again.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank margarida
Leeds, United Kingdom
“poor service”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

good food, poor service, waiters not attentive, we were not asked for refills on our drinks and had to wait a long time for our dessert, we had to ask the waitress twice for it, what made it even more annoying was that it was only a fruit salad for my 7 year old daughter.

Visited April 2014