“special celebration to remember”

Trattoria Verdi Restaurant
Ranked #2,989 of 23,718 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$45 - US$45
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Bloomsbury
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My husband brought me to Trattoria Verdi to celebrate our wedding anniversary last week, and being so delighted with this significant evening I wanted to give a review. The waitresses were very friendly and also discreet, so we could remember this evening as the romantic event that it was. As on this important occasion we wanted Verdi’s supreme choice we each ordered fish and seafood dishes (we’ve eaten their delicious pizzas and pastas once before). For starters we shared the Scotch smoked salmon, and prawns cocktail and took an excellent sparkling wine to go with it, then for the main course along with the grilled Dover sole, and the fried calamari my husband enjoyed, we chose the Pinot Grigio from their superb list of wines. By coincidence, I am told, the pianist also played a couple of our favourite melodies. And, another wonderful thing about Trattoria Verdi is their dessert tray. It made me feel extra special to have such a luxurious selection to choose from. Indeed, the food, wine, ambience and the service at Trattoria Verdi was all top notch. My husband chose the best restaurant in London for our wedding anniversary.

2  Thank Ariana B

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Have been going here for many years. The food is always good, service excellent and live piano music when we were there. Recommend booking a table in the front of the restaurant.

2  Thank SpainIzzy
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Even Tripadvisor sticker is on their doors, I recommend to avoid this restaurant. We came as the only guests for an early Saturday lunch, just before our flight. Minestrone was a choice for starter and it was fine but nothing more than that. When waitress did not know that they have as announced specialty on a board hanging on the wall lobster ravioli we should have become suspicious (meal is not in the menu). So she took order for lobster ravioli and aubergine and parmesan. Ravioli came flooded with red sauce and with generous amount of shrimps. Problem was that no lobster ever saw those ravioli which in fact had cheese filling. The owner (or the manager?) blamed it on a cook and that too much shrimps are masking lobster. When my wife opened one ravioli to show there was only cheese inside he claimed that the part of a different colour was in fact lobster meet and add that we cannot expect to have whole lobster in meal. We did not, we just expected ravioli to be filled with some lobster flesh. My aubergine was to greasy but tasted good. At the end instead of real apology (or price reduction, God forbid) he advertised live music every evening, hoping that we will come again. Well, we will not. Plenty of Italian restaurants with integrity in Southampton Row, some only meters away or just across the street.

1  Thank Filotije
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Attended a function in one of the rooms downstairs. Food was beautifully cooked and well presented and the service was attentive without being intrusive.

The manager, Roger, and his staff made everyone very welcome and made a point of saying everyone there

A good time was had by all and we would gladly make a return visit.

1  Thank Andrew B
Reviewed 9 May 2014

One of the gems of Southampton Row.
Staff very welcoming with first class service
Food excellent
House wine great valve and not badly priced for London
A must for a excellent meal at the right price.

2  Thank ALAN H