“Nice food”

Michael Nadra Restaurant
Ranked #1,539 of 22,564 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$28 - US$76
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Chiswick
Transit: Turnham Green
Description: Restaurant Michael Nadra is a stylish restaurant located in the heart of Chiswick, West London Combining excellent produce with elegant service in sophisticated surroundings, the restaurant offers an innovative dining experience within an intimate and relaxed environment of a neighbourhood restaurant. Having worked in some of the UK's best fine dining establishments including Gordon Ramsay's Petrus, Chez Bruce and La Trompette, chef patron Michael Nadra produces the most exquisite food using both classic and modern techniques. An exemplary wine list featuring over 200 carefully selected bins completes the gastronomic picture
london
“Nice food”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Saturday night dinner. Bit loud, but we soon got used to it (after a cocktail!) and we had a good table in the window. It was busy so the food was a bit slow coming. However, it was all delicious , and the wine advice was good too. It's incredibly similar food and feel to La Trompette which is a few yards away. If you like the food there, you'll like it here.

Visited June 2014

“Father's Day lunch”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We went to Restaurant Michael Nadra for Father's Day lunch. Food was excellent and the staff was very friendly and nice.

“Overall - disappointing”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We came here on Sunday for my husband's birthday lunch as we fancied trying somewhere new and I'd had a recommendation of this place from a friend. The restaurant looks a little shabby and as though it needs renovating, though that is not a big problem. I'd looked up the place before on the website and the menu sounded great. I ordered sauteed foie gras, with a red onion tart and orange salad for starter. There was a £3 supplement for this dish on the price of the set menu. The dish was ok but was drenched in sauce - the menu says it was madeira just but it tasted like too much balsamic vinegar and olive oil. At any rate, it detracted from the taste. My husband ordered the guinea foul ballotine which he said was a bit tastless. My main course of "herb crusted hake with pearl barley and leak risotto, romanesco, cauliflower puree and parsley foam" was quite tasty,though a little too salty and liquidy. My husband quite liked his steamed sea bass but again felt that there was too much sauce on the plate. I had a treacle tart for desert which was tasty and not too sweet, but my husband was disappointed with his huge apple tarte tatin which he said tasted quite oily and looked more like an large dumpling with the apples on top when he expected a traditional French style "tarte tatin."

Overall it seemed that there were too many sauces on the plate which didn't necessarily work together and/or compliment the food. It was ok but I expected it to be delicious or at least very good!

Our waiter was quite friendly but by 2.45pm on a Sunday afternoon, there weren't many people there and very little ambience.

I wouldn't mind that so much if the food had been very tasty. We ordered a carafe of house wine and then both had a creamy liquor coffee to finish (as we were determined to finish on a good note).This was a bad idea as though it was nice at the time, it was very rich and I ended up feeling queasy. In all the bill was £93 which was a lot considering the quality of the food. As I'd read reviews of the place before from admirers who are surprised it doesn't have a Michelin star, I expected much better.

I would have much rather gone to a good gastro pub or spent a bit more and gone to La Trompette for much better quality!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Noellewi
London, United Kingdom
“very disappointing and poor value for money”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We had a poor experience last week end eating in this restaurant someone had recommended .
The food was bland and not interesting and the portion were small . The service was probably more like a pub or fast food restaurant rather than a supposedly gourmet restaurant .
We do travel a lot appreciate fine food and we work in the hospitality industry.
We just wanted to warn people not to expect too much by going there .
thanks.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank pippastef
London, England
“Great food, great service and great value - what's not to love?”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

At £36 the 3 course fixed price menu is outstanding value. We found it really hard to choose between all the lovely options and were delighted with the quality of the food we got. The service was excellent and friendly and they were very tolerant of our many changes in the booking in the days ahead of the day.
I can particularly recommend the burratta with beef and the soft shell crab as starters and the sea bass with dumplings for main, and the divine chocolate fondant to follow.
Good wine list too with lots of reasonably priced wines

• Visited May 2014