“My favourite Pizza Express in London”
Review of Pizza Express

Pizza Express
Ranked #7,626 of 23,009 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$43 - US$43
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Hampshire, United Kingdom
“My favourite Pizza Express in London”
Reviewed 21 September 2012

I love this Pizza Express! The food is always amazing, but I think I come here too often as we always have the same waiter and he knows our order and it's a friendly service. For such a busy restaurant the food is usually very quick to come and delicious.

I've eaten at a lot of PE's around London and the food has always been top notch here, and even though it gets busy, it never feels it and St Christopher's Place is a nice escape from Oxford Street.

It's recently had a make over so it isn't as dark as it was and the tables aren't as cramped together. I'm definitely liking the new look.

• Visited September 2012

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Helsinki, Finland
“Excellent pizza”
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I had a nice lunch here with my wife. We had pizzas and drinks for 31 euros. The pizzas were very thin and crunchy and the toppings were authentic italian. No american pan pizza style.. We will be back.

“I thought it was OK”
Reviewed 9 October 2011

Pizzas are decent and really like the house red wine. I stay near here when I travel so I have been here 3 or 4 times. I have had very consistent experences.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worse than other locations. If you think that's possible”
Reviewed 22 May 2011

If you thought you hit a bottom at another Pizza Express location, think again. They keep surprising you. On top of the regular overpriced unsavory shoe soles you come to cherish from the franchise, you get awkward service expertly trained to pad your bill by bringing you what you did not order, that stands out even among the other branches. You'll get an even shiftier aftertaste quite unattainable by the food means alone.

1 Thank plk0
London, United Kingdom
“Felt like an inconvenience dining with my family”
Reviewed 8 December 2010

This Pizza Express looks okay from the outside. The food was reasonable and we had quick service, to be fair.
The staff though were pretty strange. When I asked if I could have blue cheese on my pizza or similar the waiter didn't understand what I meant and then said "all our pizzas have cheese on" about three times. The girl who took over hardly said anything to us other than the minimum, and when we paid with Tesco vouchers made us feel like an inconvenience. We were seated right next to a toilet and had a constant stream of people asking us to move as they went to the loo. When we left no-one even said goodbye, our waitress walked right past us. We did not complain as we don't like to. This PE was a pretty poor experience.

1 Thank jepa320