“sushi”

Cuisines: Japanese, Thai
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Fitzrovia
Description: Our first London venue opened in 2004, surpassing every expectation in terms of popularity and accolades including: The Evening Standard's best bar of the year award Theme Magazine's best designed and best operated bar The Times' runner up for best bar in Southern England. The Crazy Bear Fitzrovia has also been voted best restaurant by The London Lifestyle Awards.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Excellent food- the best sushi I have ever had. The décor is different to any place I have been before.
Great for special occasion.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I booked Crazy Bear in Beaconsfield for my friends birthday as I know it’s very popular. As we walked in we was greeted nicely and sat down to a table. I booked us afternoon tea which we was both very excited about after driving 1 hour 40 mins to get there. The service was great by one lady, however I did feel abit judged by another male waiter. The afternoon tea was brought out by the waiter and it looked very nice, and you do get a lot for your money. However I just feel like the service wasn’t great, and the male waiter was checking on everyone else apart from us. We then had an issue with our order and was charged more than expected. The waiter was very rude about this and went and got his manager where his manager was also rude and questioned us “ what has the waiter said to you to be rude”. Which we found very downgrading, like we was lying about the situation. The manager went off and corrected our bill, however once again being VERY rude he was talking to another colleague about our issue and was very disrespectful towards us. I’m not one to put bad reviews about places but I’m very disgusted how me and my friend was treated and will not be returning. Ruined our day.

1  Thank SBtammy12
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Yes. Make the place lighter. We were not able to experience on 100% our food, because of the darkness. The customer service by the servers really poor. We wanted more information about the certain dishes and we have been told by the server that everything is written at the menu, even if it's written we were not able to read it properly, because of the darkness at the restaurant. Also we have been asked to pay service charge of 15% of our check, nobody explained to us that it's up to us if we want to pay this service charge and if I have to be honest I didn't feel enough satisfied to leave a tip! All of the servers were unfriendly and we have been treated like a people who are not good enough to be there! This is not everything! The restaurant doesn't offer take away boxes in case the customers want to take their food at home if they are not able to finish it all at the restaurant! This is unbelievable! The toilets are really dark as well!

1  Thank poli521
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The cocktails were great and so was the service. The staff is professional and understanding.
The chicken curry was not great and the chef himself recognised it was hard to chew because they boil it first and then th grill it which takes the moisture out and makes the chicken hard. Also the round tables are too high and uncomfortable to eat from.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Might work as a drinks venue that serves food, but fails as a restaurant.

Sushi selection is standard Cali-style; the execution is poor and carelessly made.

Service is appalling and provided by a bored bottle girl in a skimpy dress at 12pm on a Saturday. Waited 20 minutes for beer and wine, 40 minutes for the first of the sushi dishes. Several dishes were forgotten. We were one of only 3 tables downstairs at the time.

Used a Groupon voucher for £120 of sushi for £60. It was acceptable for that price. Absolutely not a £200 meal experience (once service and drinks were added).

1  Thank CC2018LDN