“Weird but not wonderful”
Review of Jazz After Dark

Jazz After Dark
Reserve with OpenTable
Jazz After Dark is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15,509 of 22,797 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$20 - US$26
Cuisines: European
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Soho
Transit: 5 minute walk from Tottenham Court rd and Charing Cross stations. Very central location.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Weird but not wonderful”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

The band playing 3 sets was well worth the £5 entrance fee. They were brilliant! But just one look at someone else's plate ( potaoes from last year redunked in oil) persuaded us not to eat. The whole place ( what there is of it, postage stamp size- the toilets are even smaller!) is a pictoral shrine to amy whinehouse painted in tacky, amateurish manner. It has grubby charm and is good for a laugh.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Tianne123

“Just not ok”
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

Went on a Friday night and it said it was jazz night. There was 10 mins of jazz,the rest was soundtrack music. I accidentally pushed over my drink and I was made to feel like I'd killed someone! No one helped or gave me a glass until I had to ask for one. Really intimidating place with such mediocre jazz. Ok place to come but try find somewhere better. There are other places,

London, United Kingdom
“Not for food”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We booked a table through toptable. The place was different from what I thought. The service was okay and we expected nothing but decent food. However, it was probably the worst food experience. It seems they just prepared frozen food instead of freshly made.

We were originally planning to stay there for live jazz but decided to leave. Probably it could be different if we stayed longer to experience jazz...

Well, the interior with photos and pictures of Amy Winehouse was amazing.

• Visited November 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Don`t go there! Under "Soho" they think they can sell anything?”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

The worst experience ever! Toilet is so small you can not enter. So are the tables.
We reserved table few days before online. While I was waiting for him I asked an orange juice, when they brought to me, they brought the bill as well, wanted me to pay and leave or what? My friend arrived after lots of work, he was very tired and after a big dinner (lots of unhealthy, not very tasty processed meat and bones) and an orange vodka he fell asleep under the very soft jazz music. I went to use the toilet while the staff member told my friend to pay and leave as they thought he is drunk. My friend unfortunately thought I left him there. (my 3rd date with him so far so he didn`t know I would never do that). Is terrible! Haha

• Visited October 2013
“Odd”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We did not eat so my rating reflects my thoughts on the place itself and the service. Bar man was very nice. Cocktails were dreadful. Couldn't taste any alcohol in them. Tasteless. Weird shrine atmosphere to Amy Winehouse, pics of her EVERYWHERE and cd playing all Amy songs. Ok we get it, you are a fan. Asked for a cocktail that was not on the menu, barman had to check with manager as they are not allowed to make anything not on menu. He was happy to make it but old lady (manager? owner?) gave a very dismissive no. Didn't even make eye contact, just a dismissive gruff no to the bar man. Really? You advertise as a cocktail bar (a stretch if you have, what, 8 cocktails on menu?) but refuse to make something as commonplace as a Long Island Iced Tea....why? I don't understand the thinking behind it, if you have a willing bar man, alcohol and consider yourself a cocktail bar................very odd. Won't be returning, did not find it to be a friendly atmosphere.

• Visited October 2013