“One of the better Travelodges I have stayed in”

Travelodge London Central City Road
Ranked #491 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Northern Ireland
“One of the better Travelodges I have stayed in”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

There are no surprises when staying in a Travelodge - my expectations are never too high. This hotel is one of the better ones I have stayed at within the chain. The rooms are clean and fresh and the bed is comfortable. Within the room there is a lot of space. The negatives are that the tv and the remote control are very poor - the range of channels is extremely limited, in this day and age I would expect more. There is also a chair in the room that is the most uncomfortable chair I have ever sat in.The bathroom was clean and the shower was very good.

The staff were very good at the bar when ordering food and the food was of a good standard and very promptly served - the Tower Burger was very nice.

Location wise if you are staying for business near the City it is ideally located just a very short walk to Moorgate Underground.

I would stay again if I was in the city on business but would not take my family for a relaxing break in London - I would give it 7/10

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Reykjavik, Iceland
Reviewed 31 January 2014

No luxury as we all well know, but basic, clean and fresh. Everything that you would expect from Travel Lodge - good value for money for a short stay or when you are not staying in the room all day. I did like the check-in kiosk. Good location, close to the Tube Station at Old Street, some restaurants and cafés nearby.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

UK
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here while attending a course close by. Compared to a lot of Travelodge's I have stayed in this was very clean and fresh. The staff were very welcoming and the rooms were a good size, clean and with coffee, tea and TV.
The floors are like mazes as there are many corridors so attention needs to be taken on the signs.
I can't comment on the food as I didn't try it but it looked like a good size restaurant and there was a nice small bar attached.
I would definitely stay here if I am ever in the area again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Rijeka, Croatia
Reviewed 29 January 2014

The hotel is very clean, the bed is very comfortable, and it is close to bus station, grocery store and not fare away from tube. I recomend this hotel to everyone.
You get new bags of coffie and tea everyday.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Very nice staff, great hotel for its price. The room was small but clean, it was within walking distance to the tube and there's a Tesco nearby (which often comes in handy). I stayed there last summer during a heat wave and there was no airconditioning and there was too much noise from the street to open the windows, but let's be honest: the odds of visiting London during a heat wave are very slim... British weather :) Breakfast was quite good, there were more options than I would have expected. There was supposed to be free wifi in the lobby but that didn't seem to work half of the time...

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2014

My precious belongings were stolen from my hotel room with a high probability of the staff being a thief. I made a formal statement with the police who took the complaint seriously but the hotel staff were unhelpful and unapologetic. They did not offer any gesture of goodwill or even apologise for the inconvenice. Staff were negligent. I will not be comfortable staying at a Travelodge ever again and will pursing this further with the police and headoffice. DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

5 Thank Simmy_Chou
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Services at Travelodge London Central City Road, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
We are sorry to learn about your poor experience at our London Central City Road hotel Simmy_Chou. We take such complaints very seriously and we would expect our staff to offer support and carry out a full investigation regarding this matter. We would like to take the opportunity to investigate your concerns in more detail with the hotel so we would very much appreciate it if you would visit our website and use the Contact Us button to provide us with more details.
UK
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I have stayed at this Travelodge 6-7 times over the past year or so when I needed a central place to sleep after a night out.

The hotel is very well located and a short walk from either Old Street or Moorgate. It is an older building so the rooms vary considerably in size and layout but all of the ones I have stayed in have been clean and well maintained.

The breakfast buffet on a Sunday can be a bit stressful but there are several coffee shops on the walk back to the station which are a good alternative if you can't face it.

Overall this is a good option and if the price is right I wouldn't hesitate in staying here again in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends