“Excellent Stay”

The Shaftesbury Premier London Paddington
Ranked #554 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I have stayed at this hotel four times on business. My most recent stay in May 2014 was by far the best. The staff is greatly improved and their attention to detail was really amazing. The rooms are small, but the staff worked with me to find a room that fit my needs. They went out of their way to get me information on local services, including finding and printing Goodle maps for my use.

The hotel has good free wifi and the breakfast buffet had a great variety of options.

I will make this my London hotel for future business or pleasure trips.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room, they are very accommodating..
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Ed_Hus
Nema D, General Manager at The Shaftesbury Premier London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Ed

It was a pleasure to meet you last Friday and I would like to thank you for staying at Shaftesbury Premier London Paddington. I was very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Your comments are very much appreciated and I can assure you our team would use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back here at Shaftesbury Premier London Paddington.

Nema Da Silva

Write a ReviewReviews (1,458)

Reviewed 25 May 2014

for short stay its good . they give you a complementary WIFI . small rooms and no fridge in the room . very clean . 3 minutes walk from Paddington station . small breakfast buffet but its good .
new rooms and bathrooms . 3 minutes walk to hyde park .

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank ben-3eed

Dear Guest

Thank you for staying at Shaftesbury Premier London Paddington. I was very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I stayed here on my first night in London as I wanted a place near Paddington Station but I wasn't prepared to pay more for the Paddington Hilton hotel (which is literally connected to the station.) Had a little trouble finding the place on the first day because it's not located at the cluster of (probably cheaper) hotels that's south of the station. This one's west of the station so be careful if you're navigating there without a map. The lobby looked rather small but the staff were friendly and helpful. The room was pretty good - especially the bathroom. Big enough for me and there's free wi-fi which is really handy (and fast.) It's a bit costly though, but I'm happy with what I paid for. Great location, nice rooms and in-room wi-fi.

Room Tip: My room was in the basement. Not sure which rooms might be better.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Nema D, General Manager at The Shaftesbury Premier London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time and posting a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor

I do hope that Shaftesbury Premier London Paddington will be your preferred choice of hotel in London and we hope that you will give us an opportunity soon in the near future.

Regards,

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I use this hotel on a regular base, at least twice a month for my business trips to London.
very convenient and clean, friendly staff. Although the rooms a small, however value for money it is good deal. strongly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Zeev F

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us as it was really a great pleasure for us to welcome you.

Regarding rooms sizes, uunfortunately our rooms can sometimes seem small due to the nature of the hotel and its design, however we do have few Club Rooms available that I am certain you would find much more comfortable on your next visit.

Your valuable feedback certainly assist's us to meet & exceed our guest's expectation. We look forward to welcoming you again. Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night on the 22 May, and whilst the hotel is ok enough if you don't mind creaking floors, thin walls and small spaces, the WORST part is the foreign staff at reception. Surly, rude and disrespectful attitude. You are treated as if you are being done a favor, never mind that you are a paying guest.
I'd like to flag up one staff member in particular, an Italian woman who is chewing gum as she serves customers, rolls her eyes when asked the most simple questions to do with the hotel or on the phone when I called to ask if I could have breakfast served in my room, same disgusting attitude.

The Shaftesbury Premier needs to retrain their staff or get rid of them, a perfectly good stay has been ruined by crabby moody staff, particularly this woman. One only needs to scroll through other reviews and see mine is not an isolated case.

Customers expect better than to be served by badly dressed staff whose uniform could not only use another wash but an iron.

The worst hotel I have EVER stayed in.

Avoid Avoid Avoid!!

Room Tip: Read reviews first, they give an fair assessment of the hotel, do NOT put up with shoddy service fro...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest

I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with your stay at the Shaftesbury Premier London

I am truly sorry that you had such poor experience with us and feel the hotel and service received was way to below standards. We will look into the points raised by you and will take actions where necessary.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stayed in the renovated hotel just down the street from the Best Western however still attached to this hotel. The staff were very helpful. Rooms average size however the shower a little small
Renovated room had a nice touch with TV and wifi.
Location is amazing close by Paddington station. Outside the hotel is bike hire which came in very handy.
Would recommend and would stay again

• Stayed: May 2014
Nema D, General Manager at The Shaftesbury Premier London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Reviewed 17 May 2014

The staff at reception were welcoming and the apples at the desk were an additional bonus. It was so easy to get to from Paddington which is partly why we chose it. I would really recommend the location as it is also well placed to walk to oxford street or have a picnic in Hyde Park. The room was small but comfortable with a nice view of trees from the window and comfortable bed and some extras in the room which added to the overall good experience here. I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: At the front of the hotel you can see the trees
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kazhosomi

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time and posting a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor, Thank you so much for the appreciation,

Our main objective at the Shaftesbury Premier London Paddington is to ensure that all our guests are satisfied with their entire experience and from your wonderful feedback it seems that in your case this objective has been achieved.

I do hope that Shaftesbury Premier London Paddington continues to be your preferred choice of hotel in London and we hope that you will give us an opportunity soon in the near future.

Regards,