“Don't have the breakfast for £10 ”

Premier by Eurotraveller
Ranked #737 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

The full English was terrible couldn't call it a full English no sausages and the rest was cold not worth £2.00 it was a joke! Rooms ok clean and did the job staff nice, friendly and helpful. Don't think I will go back I stayed there for one night for the rememberence Sunday.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Booked two nights in order to allow for a very late night out and returned 6 am on Sunday only to be awoken by what could only be described as road works in the apartment above at approx. 8.30 – 9 am. The extremely loud hammering and bangs, drilling of concrete and scraping noises were immediately reported by by telephoning reception who said they would investigate and get back to me.

They called back and claimed it was a floor laying job from an adjacent property and that they had been told by the contractor he wasn't prepared to stop as "he said he had a right to do the job". We were then offered a ground floor room instead we could move to which I of course declined as we were really in no fit state to be prepared to get up, pack everything away and move rooms at that time of the morning and told the reception clerk I would be expecting some sort of compensation for this disturbance which continued non-stop until we were finally forced to pack and leave the room.

Upon presenting myself to reception the desk clerk claimed he knew nothing about this as he was the afternoon shift and there was no information left for him…I said I'd gone to the next floor to check were the noise was actually coming from I had seen that a stone floor was being relayed in the apartment above ours, which I had taken a picture and sound recording of. When I asked how it was they would not know a contractor was scheduled to work on one of their own hotel rooms from early Sunday morning when they have paying guests in surrounding rooms including underneath I was given no explanation other than "iv'e just started my shift and don't know anything"..

The previous receptionist had clearly lied to us, expecting us not to check and simply move (in spite of the fact the noise was clearly above us) and had not even bothered to leave any note regarding our complaint! Having told him this and that we had had literally no sleep, ruining our day and plans, we had decided to check out early and make the three hour drive back home and requested a refund for the second day, I was told there was nothing he could do with no attempt to empathise, apologies or assist. He couldn't care less, simply handing me a card with an email address on and asking me to send a complaint.

Our stay in London was ruined and to date no response from my email complaint made 4th November.

Room Tip: Room in another hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

We Stayed here with our two children in a family room. It was the best value without using a hostel in London we could find. The staff were friendly and helpful. Room was good and clean. Charge for wifi is not great other than that the area isn't the best but safe enough with great bus service not far outside. A great place for a base to see London.

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 13 September 2013

A group of us stayed here during our trip to London , it was the best price and good location, rooms were clean and seemed to be recently refurbished , staff were friendly too, we would definitely come back ,

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Frequenttravels3333
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Mycket trevlig, social och hjälpsam personal. Lite klurigt att hitta dit första gången, då vi kom fram tre på natten till hotellet. Men inga problem! Rena och fräscha hotell
Loved my stay at this hotel! The staff was very helpfull, nice and social. We came to the hotel around 3 am, so it was kind of difficult to find at first, but the rest of the stay was just perfect. One minute to the bus which is 15 minutes from the Big Ben, and it's a lot of different buses, at all times, to all places so you barely need the Underground. I will definitely return!!!

We had booked the hotel for four nights and needed to stay 10 nights, so the last day they told us they could have us the rest of the stay. Awesome.
The bar in the hotel was very cozy and the staff hung out with us, really nice. And it's a very silent hotel, not much sound or anything. You can buy breakfast there, which we didn't. And if you walk down the street you find an enormous park where you can chill!
Recommended age: Not kids. All other ages.

The Chinese restaurant had awful staff.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Amaru G
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Okie dokie so prior to booking this hotel we had read mixed reviews of thie hotel, and luckily enough the horror stories where not true so i guess thats a good thing :) the room was fine clean, tidy, and roomy so again good the neighbourhood was fine very multicultural so if large groups of ethnic people arent your thing probably give this one a miss, theyre mostly all friendly so its allgood, my main issue was though the hotel is sold as free wifi, which is true IF you book through their website, if you book through wotif or another thrid party this deal is no longer valid, even though it is stated on there that the hotel is free wifi, when i raised my issue with reception i was met with a blatant no sir you're not my problem as i had'nt booked through their site, the clerk then decided to go toe to toe with me and argue for a good ten minutes before I got bored of his attitute and left the lobby, the next night a much more helpful clerk explained why it couldnt be done and was very apologetic for his mediocre colleague. so all in all nice hotel but let down by the phrase "its against company policy" on phrase as a hotel you should never say to a customer!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ryan F
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We were transferred here from their other hotel, which was very bad. This hotel is of much higher quality and cleanliness.

The room was basic and clean. The bathroom was quite roomy and descent for a London budget hotel. We got a room on the first floor in the back, away from the busy street (Old Kent Road), so it was quiet, until breakfast time when it got noisy.

There is not a lot of quality choices for food close by - mainly little ma & pa food kitchens and merchants in a busy lower class neighborhood. However, we felt safe walking to the bus stop to get to Elephant & Castle underground station.

Never ate Breakfast there - charge was 10 pounds per person and looked rather shaky as to quality.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back of the hotel, away from Old Kent Road. Avoid using the taxis that the...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family