“Weekend to London :)”

Premier by Eurotraveller
Ranked #706 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I have always wanted to go to London to do some sight seeing. So for my Birthday my boyfriend book this for me form 21/02/14 to 23/02/14. Due to seeing some bad reviews on this Hotel I started to worried a couple of days before.

When we arrived at the Hotel the surrounding area look a little dodge, but the Hotel stood out and looked well percented. To get into the hotel either you have to wait for someone on the reception to open the doors or you could swipe your room card key. This inpressed me becuase I knew it was safe.

When we enterend it was very clean and friendly, the checking in process was very fast and they took a scan of you ID. We were placed in room 107 of the first floor, The coridors and lift was very clean.

We found it a little difficult to get into the door using the key cards but ones we knew how to do it, it was fine and had no problems with the door.

The room was very clean and offered a lot which I was not expectining for this type of hotel, such as
- A nice TV with lots of good channels which was located up on the wall infrount of the bed
- Big floor Lenth Mirro perfect for me to do my hair and makeup.
- A hair dryer
- Ironing board and we had to ask for an iron at no exter charge
- Cloth storge and hangers behind the main door
- There was a little shampoo and two hand soaps in the bathroom
- Kettle and cups with tea, coffee and suger
- A seperent tap for drinking warter with 4 plactic cups
- Due to there being two of us there were two bath towels, one hand towel and bath mat.
- The shower was amazing it was really powerfull and easy to use
- The clean came round and changed the towels which we placed in the shower and also made the bed.
- They also supply you on arrivel with bus times
- The staff were nice and my Boyfirend was happy because a pint of fosters was only £2.50 and you can either drink this in the reception area or in the room.
- The BUS STOP in just a two min walk and they are very reliable.

There are only two things I would suggest to the Hotel which are:
- Whiles the bathroom is clean it could do with a make over
- Window in room needs repairing as there is a slight gap in the hinge area

We did not eat in the place so we can not comment on the food or restuarnt.

Apart from this we both hand a lovely time and would defently stay with this hotel and again along with recommending it to other who want to visit London.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hannah S

Reviewed 23 February 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 4 January 2014

This hotel has a good location and is fairly reasonably priced. However, during our stay we found two maggots on the bed which was quite an unpleasant experience as you can imagine. We were given another room but upon trying to complain further were sent a most unsatisfactory letter which seemed to be implying that the presence of the maggots was not the fault of the hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Kate F
Reviewed 2 January 2014

The hotel is quite far out to where it listed it was close too, a good 10-15min bus journey from the nearest tube station. The room was dated and the bathroom needed a good make over. But as we were only using it for one night, it would do. Being woken up at 845 by the cleaners on New Years day requesting that we make sure we leave our room by the 10am check out was slightly annoying. The shower in the room didnt work and after about 30mins of running the water with still no hot water, we were offered another room to go and shower in. We were on the thrid floor, the new room on the first, so having to move between the two was not fun.
The staff were very friendly and tried to do the best they could, but I was really let down, especailly after paying a rediculous price for the room, as it was New Years Eve. I wouldnt recommend a visit.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 December 2013

This hotel was only let down by it's location, being on the Old Kent Road amongst some poor quality shops and takeaways. It's quite a way from the tube, but there are excellent bus links.

The room was massive - a very large double bed, a single bed, a couple of tables and chairs as well as a working area. The room was at least twice the size of my bedroom at home, and the bathroom was large as well. Well appointed with nice fixtures and fittings. Absolutely brilliant value at £75 per night for a room of this quality in London.

Only other negative was that there seemed to be quite a lot of noise in the corridor during the evening,

Room Tip: The double I had was way more than a double, and that was offered to me a a double - single occupanc...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

The full English was terrible couldn't call it a full English no sausages and the rest was cold not worth £2.00 it was a joke! Rooms ok clean and did the job staff nice, friendly and helpful. Don't think I will go back I stayed there for one night for the rememberence Sunday.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Booked two nights in order to allow for a very late night out and returned 6 am on Sunday only to be awoken by what could only be described as road works in the apartment above at approx. 8.30 – 9 am. The extremely loud hammering and bangs, drilling of concrete and scraping noises were immediately reported by by telephoning reception who said they would investigate and get back to me.

They called back and claimed it was a floor laying job from an adjacent property and that they had been told by the contractor he wasn't prepared to stop as "he said he had a right to do the job". We were then offered a ground floor room instead we could move to which I of course declined as we were really in no fit state to be prepared to get up, pack everything away and move rooms at that time of the morning and told the reception clerk I would be expecting some sort of compensation for this disturbance which continued non-stop until we were finally forced to pack and leave the room.

Upon presenting myself to reception the desk clerk claimed he knew nothing about this as he was the afternoon shift and there was no information left for him…I said I'd gone to the next floor to check were the noise was actually coming from I had seen that a stone floor was being relayed in the apartment above ours, which I had taken a picture and sound recording of. When I asked how it was they would not know a contractor was scheduled to work on one of their own hotel rooms from early Sunday morning when they have paying guests in surrounding rooms including underneath I was given no explanation other than "iv'e just started my shift and don't know anything"..

The previous receptionist had clearly lied to us, expecting us not to check and simply move (in spite of the fact the noise was clearly above us) and had not even bothered to leave any note regarding our complaint! Having told him this and that we had had literally no sleep, ruining our day and plans, we had decided to check out early and make the three hour drive back home and requested a refund for the second day, I was told there was nothing he could do with no attempt to empathise, apologies or assist. He couldn't care less, simply handing me a card with an email address on and asking me to send a complaint.

Our stay in London was ruined and to date no response from my email complaint made 4th November.

Room Tip: Room in another hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple