Kensington Suite Hotel
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
Rex Hotel(London)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsholland roadcentral lineshort stayrooms are smallwestfieldvictoria
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 March 2013

This hotel really delivers if you are on a tight budget. Rooms have all the basics, including an ingenious cupboard with a sink and microwave for very simply food preparation. But, everything has been scaled down and moving round the room can be a squeeze. The en suite shower room is a tight fit, with the door just passing the rest of the kit but again, it had all the essentials.
The breakfast is very basic and 'do-it-yourself' but if you like cornflakes and toast they are available in ample quantities.
Location is fairly good with a walk of about ten minutes to Shepherd's Bush. if you want wifi access I recommend going to the Shepherd's Bush area for a cafe offering it free to customers as this will be cheaper than the £3/hr charged by the hotel.

Room Tip: I had a room at the front of the hotel and expected considerable traffic noise as the road is busy but the triple glazing worked well. Sound proofing between rooms is much less effective and noisy neighbours will disturb.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Much better than anticipated, particularly "Continental" Breakfast choices. Friendly and knowlegeable staff on arrival in Reception.How good to have a lift as I have great difficulty with stairs.Very convenient (only 1 change of buses)and 5 minutes from Olympia.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 26 February 2013 via mobile

My partner and I just recently stayed here for 2 nights, to be honest we were both quite satisfied with this hotel.
Room was an average size but perfect for us as we weren't intending to stay here all day, each day.
We left valuables on the shelves and once the bed had been made with fresh towels put out, everything remained as we left it.

Breakfast wasn't amazing but considering the price of the hotel, you can hardly complain. We missed it the second morning, purposely, it wasn't worth waking up for.

Service wasn't great but it wasn't a problem as we were only really in the hotel to sleep. All in all, we will be staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Myself and my partner recently stayed at the Kensington Suite Hotel, up arrival in the reception the first thing we noticed was an odd smell, we checked in, got our keys and headed to the extremely small lift to go to our room.

We were situated in the basement, the room was tiny, the television was almost falling off the bracket on the wall, there were gaps in the flooring and the bedding...one very flat pillow each and a thin "duvet". The small window in the room was cracked and the odd smell from reception was even more noticeable.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2013

Worst things: USED CONDOM on the glass conservatory roof, directly over the bed. OLD COMMODE in the "garden" (literally IN the garden). Door was not secure. Absolutely filthy bathroom and shower (a closet without proper ventilation). AVOID!

We originally booked at the Ascot. My mum did the booking, and she's not so savvy when it comes to reviewing online before booking. The main thing we were worried about was that this was a "bait and switch" (I was most worried it would be disgusting.) Our worries were completely confirmed, in fact I never thought it could be THIS HORRIBLE.

I came in from Oxford to find that they were "overbooked" at the Ascot (even though we called beforehand to make sure our booking was set). They moved my family to this "Kensington Suite" before I arrived. When I asked at the desk at the Ascot, I was given terrible directions and told to take the Tube. (They had assured my parents that they would get me a taxi from the Ascot to the Kensington, apparently they thought they'd just save a few quid and pack me off to the subway...) Thank goodness I have a good sense of direction.

That was just the first awful experience. Our room in the Kensington was in the BASEMENT, with half of the room being a grubby conservatory at best. The toilet didn't flush properly, everything was FOUL with dirt/hair/grime. The shower most certainly did not meet health and safety requirements (it was in an unventilated closet in the basement, and smelt of mold/mildew to say the least.)

Worst things: The conservatory door was not secure and anyone using the downstairs breakfast room could come out to the garden and get into our room, if they were so inclined. There was a used condom flung onto the conservatory roof, right above the bed my parents slept in (and by the way, anyone upstairs could look right into our room--glass conservatory ceiling.) There was a broken rotten old toilet (literally an old commode) in the "garden."

This is BY FAR the WORST HOTEL I've ever seen let alone had the nightmare of staying in. If we had ANYWHERE else to stay I would have left in a minute. The staff being rude was the least of our worries. We're lucky we got out of there safely. DO NOT BOOK. EVER. I don't care if the rooms were free they were NOT FIT FOR SQUATTING let alone a "hotel."

Wish I would have taken photos to show you just how dire it really is. But I've been trying to block it out of my memory.

Room Tip: DO NOT BOOK HERE, and if you HAVE to stay here, by some great misfortune, DO NOT get the basement "suite"!! Unless you want a used condom on your ceiling, and a room completely insecure and open to other people.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family