“Charming luxury in Piccadilly”

Richoux - Piccadilly
Ranked #4,827 of 23,211 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$50 - US$51
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This is one of my favourite places for breakfast, lunch or dinner in London. It is a great location, next to Fortnums (my favourite shop) and opposite the Royal Academy. The service here is impeccable with old world discrete waiters, most of whom have worked here for years. The place itself is gorgeous - kind of French bistro meets English chinoiserie. The food is exceptionally good with a really great selection of English favourites, kedgeree, fish and chips and afternoon tea to name a few stand-out stars. I always eat here when in London at least once.

There are newer reviews for Richoux - Piccadilly

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I have been using Richoux for a good long while. It always offers reliable food (my favourites being the Shepherd's Pie and Sausages), friendly service and a lovely atmosphere. So I wondered how my 22 year old son would find it when I took him for the first time this week. He absolutely loved it and was very complementary. Well done Richoux you have just secured another generation of my family's custom - and deservedly so. I would suggest that if you are going for lunch you reserve a table as it can be quite busy.

1  Thank 1Roger
Reviewed 19 July 2014

My daughter and I stopped in for afternoon tea. Lovely place and the gentleman who showed us to our table was friendly and polite. It was very busy in there. We ordered afternoon tea for two which was delicious and a very reasonable price compared to Harrods or Fortnum and Mason. We paid 36.50 for tea for two and enjoyed finger sandwiches, scones, jam, clotted cream, dark fruitcake, and choice of pastries and a very large pot of tea. Great atmosphere and price!

1  Thank Les M
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The food was mostly fine - incredibly slow (25 minutes between ordering and starters arriving when the restaurant was almost empty), and not great quality but fine for what we wanted. The service was the real problem. For periods of ten minutes at a time there were no waiting staff on the floor at all. Worst, was when a waitress dropped a wine glass by our table (very easy to do, nothing bad there), but then proceeded to pick up the largest bits of broken glass with her fingers. She left the smaller bits on the floor, one of which had flown onto the bench next to me. I was mostly worried about her cutting her fingers, but having bits of broken glass all over the floor (and chairs) of a restaurant and making no attempt to sweep it up is just dangerous. We will not be going back.

1  Thank TigersforTea
Reviewed 9 July 2014

If only the service was better.
My partner and I stopped in after not being able to get in at Fortnum and Mason (no reservations). The price was much better at 19.00 per person where as Fortnum and Mason was 44.00. Price really did not matter much we were willing for the splurge.

What I did not like was the attitude of our waiter. Maybe it was a onetime thing but I will not return.

The tea sandwiches were a tad stale. Had to ask for another tiny jar of jam. Only one was brought with the service.

2  Thank HowieEmbry