“Wonderful find.”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Description: At Masala Zone Covent Garden, we have a passion for making sure customers have an enjoyable time – delicious genuine Indian food, newly renovated exciting interiors and great staff. The restaurant is highly acclaimed. Evening Standard has rated us as one of London’s six best Indian restaurants, Zagat Restaurants Survey as London’s Most Popular Restaurant Group; Daily Telegraph as one of London’s best restaurants. We unusually combine a panoramic range of proper Indian food - pioneering street food, thalis (the balanced family platters), daily changing freshly made vegetables, flavourful grills, regional curries, biryanis. Our food is uniquely from the true sources of Indian food – the gourmet homes & street stalls across India’s regions.
Reviewed 21 October 2012 via mobile

After struggling to find a decent Indian restaurant in London for a while we decided to visit this one conviently situated off Covent Garden. What a surprise this was! Very modern, if slightly kooky, place this is! We both ordered the grand thali after recommendation from the waiter. How lovely to have a selection of dishes plus poppadums, chutneys & chapati all for the pre theatre price of £10! The service was prompt & effecient in what was a very bust service. Was totally worth it & we will definitely be back again!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,454)

Reviewed 18 October 2012

We were seated quickly and the service was good. I had one of the tastiest Indian meals I've ever had. I ordered a regular Thali plate and was so glad I did. Plus, I enjoyed the modern atmosphere--a refreshing change from the more-common white tablecloth, slightly dive-y atmosphere that seems to be common among Indian restaurants.

Reviewed 15 October 2012

Simple Indian food that we shared for a very reasonable price. We got lamb and chicken to share which were delicious as well as naan, rice, beers and an appetizer all for 35GBP. No frills for tasty food.

Reviewed 9 October 2012 via mobile

Service was fast and nice. Place was ok but noisy. Our starter was very spicy and were felt there was too much of it.

Taste of my lamb dish was ok but meet was not tender.

It wadn't good value for money and I won't go there again.

Reviewed 8 October 2012

Been here three times with my Indian and Pakistani friends; they like it so I trust their palate.
The medium veg thali is very filling and value for money. Nice decor and fast service even on Saturday evening.