“Great flavours and lovely ambience”

Masala Zone Covent Garden
Reserve with OpenTable
Masala Zone Covent Garden is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,152 of 22,564 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$19 - US$45
Cuisines: Healthy, Indian, Asian
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Description: Welcome to one of London’s leading Indian brasserie restaurants - there are 7 Masala Zone restaurants. Each Masala Zone is visually unique. We all serve real Indian food and cuisines, in contemporary yet exotic Indian popular art settings.We offer the varied delicious tastes and cuisines of India, from homes, wayside stalls and palaces (totally different from local curry houses) in a friendly brasserie environment.We and our legendary sister fine dining restaurants - Chutney Mary, Veeraswamy and Amaya - provide an unparalleled combination of real Indian cuisines, taste, integrity, hospitality and ambience
Isleworth, United Kingdom
“Great flavours and lovely ambience”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Set in the theater district of London, this restaurant is always busy.

I normally have non-veg when out, but on my recent visit (13th May) I was opting for vegetarian.

We had a selection of starters, choosing the larger to share portions, and they were all consumed quickly as they were so tasty, well presented, and freshly prepared.

The Thali's were filling and had a good selection of items, and after a filling meal, desserts could not be missed. Again a good selection, and tasty even on a full stomach.

Not the cheapest of places, but not overly expensive. Portions were acceptable, and if your drink was not spicy or flavoured enough, they will sort it out!!

Would I go again? I did, this was my second visit!!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Parag B

• Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Atlanta, Georgia
“Thali options make this an excellent choice for solo visitor”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I visit Masala Zone here in Covent Garden at least once a month, often on my own before or after theatre. It is a great choice. As a single diner I find the service attentive and timely. The Thali choices make it really nice if you are alone--unlike many Indian restaurants that offer little or no "combo" choices, or a single Thali with dishes they choose, Masala Zone lets you choose your "main" protein or veg from the curries on the menu, then add a huge platter of additional veg curries, rice, bread, even a small starter on the Grand Thali. It really is excellent value for the money. Wines by the glass and carafe also serve the single diner well. Since this location is always packed the food is always fresh! But you will wait for seating on weekends, in the summer and at peak dinner hours. This week I went with a good friend with a food allergy and the staff was honest about which dishes they could say for sure did not contain the item, and he loved the food.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Richard R
Antwerp, Belgium
“Good stuff, inexpensive, satisfying”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Nice and simple, also very consistent in quality. I particularly love their vegetarian curries, using green bananas. For being a franchise, the waiters are well trained and polite. The lassies are a bit too sweet for my taste, but for the price no complain, I guess.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Naim M
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“Great location, great service, but average food”
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

As already said, location is great, staff wery nice and service was great. I was expecting more authentic indian food, but that is maybe only my expectation. The quality of food was good bit the taste was a bit bland for an indian food.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Saso G
Watford
“Great food but let done by some of the service staff.”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

The restaurant is decorated with Indian puppets hanging from the ceiling and was busy on Thursday evening. We waited about 4-5 minutes after entering the restaurant to be acknowledged by staff but we were ignored. I had to wave my arms to get their attention so that we could be seated on our reserved table. Not a good start with service. When drinks arrived, I had to explain to the waiter that Chardonnay is a white wine, not a red wine. The main waitress that was serving us was very good, but most of the others were rubbish. Food is fantastic there. Very different from your typical Indian restaurants. Try the coriander chicken, my boys love the sauce in that dish. My wife had a vegetable thali and everything on it tasted great. Great food but let done by some of the service staff.

• Visited May 2014