“They know their steak”

Ranked #2,640 of 22,376 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$16 - US$31
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“They know their steak”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

These guys know a thing or two about a good steak. Although they do steaks on a massive scale, they usually get it right every time. The quality is very good. You'll find the service quite enthusiastic if you order lavishly.

I don't go to these guys very often as I prefer my steak in a more niche establishment in more traditional surroundings. However, every time that I have been here, I have not been disappointed.

This is good stuff.

• Visited April 2014
Angus M, Manager at Angus Steakhouse - Praed St, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Thank you for your kind review. We are thrilled you enjoyed your visit to our Praed Street restaurant, we strive to offer excellent food and customer service at all times and its great to hear our customers feedback. We hope to welcome you again in the future. Angus

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Brussels, Belgium
“Worst service ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

The service is slow, unfriendly. Dishes are good in size but obviously you need to be a big meat eater as nothing is served with the meat. All sides are extra...

Visited June 2014
Thank you for reviewing our restaurant. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your visit to our restaurant. We strive to offer excellent food and exceptional customer service and it is disappointing to us when our usual high standards are not met. I would appriciate if you could contact me personally to tell me in a bit more detail the service you received. You can email me direct to info@angussteakhouse.co.uk.
Thanks Jo Smith, Angus
United Kingdom
“Good quality London Steak House - very busy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We've been here twice in the last 4 weeks, each time the food was hot, juicy, succulent and served in a timely manner. The restaurant gets very busy after 18:00, but the service always remains to a high standard. Compared to other steak houses/pubs in London this restaurant is very good.

1 Thank Highlander1518
Thank you for posting such positive comments in your review. We are delighted your enjoyed your experience both times at Angus, we strive to deliver exceptional customer service to all our customers and it is great to hear our customers feedback. Angus
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Succulent steak”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Love the succulent steaks and the flavours that come with it. Staff are always friendly but are quite slow on taking your orders as I had to call the waitress three times but as I mentioned still friendly and welcoming - above all accommodating.

1 Thank kelly_rr82
Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. I am sorry to hear that you did not receive the excellent customer service that we strive to offer. We your feedback, whether it be satisfied and dissatisfied, in order that we can continually monitor our performance and make improvements where necessary. We are thrilled you enjoyed your meal. Angus
Dudley, United Kingdom
“Don't bother - waste of time and of money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

On our first night in London we decided to eat here. What a mistake.

We asked if we could have a table with a high chair as we had our young daughter with us. We were seated downstairs at a table which was blocking a fire food (which I can assume had been put there for us.) I was sitting beside a fire extinguisher and some cleaning products next to the cash register.

Now for the food

Unfortunately when we came to order they didn't have the meal my wife wanted (spinach and ricotta strudel), and the other meal that she had to settle for was pretty expensive for what it was (£13.95 for spicy arrabiata pasta - which was way too oily)

I opted for a steak, and was told it came with salad garnish (some lettuce and a tomato if I remember correctly was all that was on the plate). The 10 Oz rump steak was £17.50. For some fries I was charged £2.50, and the sauce £2.00. - I have had better steak in many pubs for a lot less money.

The meal which consisted only of a single courses each and one drink came to just under £50.

Definitely a restaurant to avoid.

• Visited June 2014
Thank you for your feedback.
I was sorry to read your review, at Angus we strive to offer excellent food and great customer service, and it is hugely disappointing to us that our usual high standards were not met on this occasion. Please accept our apologies that the spinach and ricotta strudel was not available, we try not to disappoint our customers and it is regretful that you feel your visit to us was a waste of your time.
Please be assured that we take on board all of our customers comments, in order that we can continually monitor our performance and make improvements where necessary.

The rump we serve is the crown rump. This is a very tender cut, highly trimmed making the steak lean with a light texture. Angus