“Simply Perfect”

Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Simply Perfect”
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Came across Bertorelli's whilst on a weekend Theatre Break in London. The food was simply amazing. The waiters description and recommendations were spot on and service was excellent.

Hong Kong
“Food poisoning! Beware Bertorelli!”
Reviewed 18 September 2011

My wife and I lost two precious days of our 26th anniversary trip due to food poisoning from Bertorelli on St. Martin's Lane. Beware the tartar sauce with the fried calamari. It led to a full night of vomiting and two days recovery. We shared three dishes but the only thing I did not have ( which my wife did) was that tartar sauce that laid her low. The food, even that which did not poison us, was mediocre.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank SerialExpat
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
“Ideal central location, good Italian food and low prices”
Reviewed 27 August 2011

I have used Bertorellis in Covent Garden for many years (since the 60s) and was duly disappointed to learn that it had been closed. I should not have been as the St Martin's Lane version is well up to standard but possibly lacking the Covent Garden one's atmosphere, being larger and more open. I have eaten there 3 times now and have had excellent Italian food, a window table, great service and low-cost meals every time. I have eaten a la carte and on their ridiculously low-cost set lunch menu (£9 for two courses). My normal bill is around £20-£25 pp including one or two glasses of wine. Being close to Theatre land and next door almost to the Duke of Yorks Theatre, and few hundred metres from Charing Cross Station, this Bertorellis is ideally located, low-cost and superb value. Andy the manager will remember you when you return - always a great sign of a good manager. I was allowed to occupy a window table after my guest had left for over two hours whilst I waited for my train north without any hassle and Andy even brought me a newspaper. Italian service at its best - no rush or pressure.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank Wingco44
Maldon, United Kingdom
“An average pre-show restaurant”
Reviewed 15 August 2011

We went to this restaurant as we received a 50% discount on the food. The bruchetta was good as was the lasagne. The deep fried calamari was greasy and the risotto was ever-cooked. There is virtually no atmosphere and, although the day was not very warm, the restaurant was stuffy. The wine list was reasonable for central London. The service was friendly although rather slow. There are many better restaurants in the area.

• Visited August 2011
Near Dundee
“Thoroughly enjoyable!”
Reviewed 10 July 2011

After two very disappointing Italian meals we were wary of trying here. We both ate from the 'set' lunch menu. Portions were just right for pre-theatre.

Food and service were excellent. Lager and white wine were nicely chilled;cofee was excellent.

The waiters smiled and stopped to blether even although it was very busy.......just what you'd expect in an Italian restaurant. Well done!

• Visited July 2011