“Live music”

Price range: US$20 - US$38
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Inspired by French cuisine and Parisienne bistro style. Café Rouge is your local bistro to enjoy delicious food and gorgeous glass of wine.
Reviewed 11 June 2018

My son and I enjoyed a lovely evening here on a Thursday listening to some great guitar sounds courtesy of Steve Mac.His playing produced a great atmosphere as he played many of the classics.We will return.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 28 May 2018

Food was ok, reasonable price. Service was poor, i.e. we sat down, where we have sat on previous visits, when someone eventually came we were told we couldn't sit there as it was booked. It wasn't what was said but the way it was said. Nothing to show it was booked, but we moved. Nobody turned up all the time we were there and there were plenty of other tables free. Some time went by before we got a menu and further before we ordered. Change had to be asked for, as there was no sign of it coming. All a bit off-hand and certainly not welcoming, more like we were a bit of a nuisance going out on a Bank Holiday evening.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Walked in having got back from holiday and in need of some good home cooked food. Had the poulet breton, which hit the spot perfectly. The leek and mushroom sauce, tender chicken and chive mash just enrolled in the mouth. The homemade fresh pink lemonade cleanses the pallet nicely before topping the meal off with the best creme brûlée I’ve ever tasted.

I’ve eaten at many Cafe Rouges over the year, all of which have been perfectly pleasant but never really set the world alight. Tonight’s was an unexpected delight that has raised the bar as far as Cafe Rouges go. Will definitely frequent the Blackheath branch again.

Also worth nothing the professional and polite service from the waitress. She was on point when dealing with a gentleman who clearly had an agenda upon entering the restaurant. She was professional and dealt with his prickly attitude with grace.

Overall a lovely and pleasantly surprising experience.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 24 May 2018

At least with Cafe Rouge you know what you are going to get and this one is no exception. Conveniently located, always open, patchy service, food is fine.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Popped in on a very rainy Monday morning , which also happened to be my birthday. We were welcomed by a lovely lady , who when she found out couldn’t of been nicer. She made me feel so special, and even brought me out a little cake with a candle in to sing Happy Birthday to me. ( after my delicious vegetarian breakfast) . She completely made the start of my day . So thank you Roxana. I will see you again soon.

Date of visit: April 2018

Been to Cafe Rouge? Share your experiences!