“Perfect short break”

The Royale Chulan Hyde Park Hotel London
Ranked #768 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We stayed here for 3days and 2 nights costing us £156 which may sound expensive but compared to other hotels this was brill, the hotel is approx 5min walk from 2 train stations and easy to find the reception are was clean and staff were pleasant and helpful throughout our stay. The room was small but very clean and suited us as we had lots planned and weren't staying there long, at the end of our stay we had to check out by 11 but our bus wasn't arriving until 5 the hotel kept our bags for us so we could make the most of our last day. In all this was perfect!!

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I booked this hotel for my family to stay here while visiting me in London, the place is clean and the staff was very helpful. Rooms are big, air con, fridge and nice windows!
Great value for money for such a central location!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2013

This hotel was in a good Location for the City, and was very clean if a little worn, staff were friendly and we would stay here again.
Central Line tube was a 5 min walk and 5 x Stops to Leicester Square.

Room Tip: Top Floor room as walls and floors very thin hear everybody walking about. No restaurant & no f...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2013

i booked this hotel for 4 nights with my girl friend in a standard sized room.
on the first night of arriving at the hotel the receptionist was very nice and we had no problems
we went up to the room tired from the journey wanting to go to sleep but my girlfriend was
disgusted to find there was a a large blood stain under the linen , we went down to complain about this and what the receptionist did was give me a new set of bed linen for me to change myself.

the next day we found there was a problem with the toilet, the water would only partly flush what was in the toilet , when complaining to reception i was told to git rid of it by using the toilet brush each time and that all the rooms are the same.

the room was tiny and we could hardly move in it, the walls were not sound proof and could hear the shower and the toilet flushing from the room next door , the only positive comment i can make is that its in a good location.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Stayed here with a friend for 2 nights, didn't stay a third! Personally didn't think the bathroom was very clean, the room was very small but we were never in it as it was a leisure trip. Didn't think it was worth the money. Pillows were very lumpy, I had a very hard time sleeping, bed wasn't very comfy either. Receptionist on arrival wasn't very friendly, but the one when we left (a male) was.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Stayed here in October for 3nights found the receptionist on check in polite & helpful...room was a standard double bathroom v small but served its purpose...room cleanliness could have been better there was dust & dirt in bits that were missed...location good close to tube station & many shops, bars etc

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We had to move rooms. I realised about 10 minutes after moving room that I forgot a dress I had left in the wardrobe. I was supposed to be wearing the dress to a wedding the following day. When I notified the hotel, my dress had disappeared, I was informed that I must have "misplaced" my dress. Stay if you want your clothes robbed..! No interest, no explanation, no compensation. I had the expense of purchasing a new dress for the occasion. Reality is the hotel should of had a rooster of cleaning staff. They should have been able to identify who entered the room to clean it, within the 10 minutes that we had been moved to the other room. Dreadful customer service. Do yourself a favour, don't stay here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends