“The room.”

Ranked #788 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Island Of Malta, Malta
“The room.”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The room was on the small side. We had a kitchenette but no pots, pans or even a toaster. We asked for them and after 3 days they gave them to us. So after that we were ok. The air conditioner seemed not working.

Room Tip: Overall stay was good. Good location.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We booked two rooms to stay the night but whilst on the train there i receive a call to say theres a problem with their rooms and we have to be transferred to their sister hotel. We are assured this will be enough to sleep four as has a double bed single bed & sofa bed. However, on return from a night out the sofa bed isnt a sofa bed and my friend has to sleep on the floor.

These people do not care and appear to have messed people around like this before. They should not be allowed to trade.

Stayed July 2014
New York, NY
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Hotel meets a very low bar set by price-vs.-expectations in an expensive city such as London. The neighborhood is great. There is easy access to the Tube and plenty of places to grab a bite. Staff varied between apathetic and helpful. When I arrived around 10 am, I couldn't check in and had to wait until the afternoon. This was not unusual per se; however, there is no place to sit and recharge your phone or catch your breath.The room was tiny and relatively clean, though decidedly borderline at times. I wasn't comfortable stepping barefoot into the bathroom. Towels and linens were thin and stingy. I didn't find the kitchenette set up very helpful and would have preferred that space be opened up for either more space in the room or the washroom. But for the price and location, I was generally satisfied. Being a tourist in London meant I spent a minimum of time in the room, anyway.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank labrt2004
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We have been there for 9 days. The Hotel is in a good area. You can join the center with public transportation. We had a double room.

During the holiday we did not face any concern (only dirty scheet) but the very last day we found a MOUSE in the room....it was really a sign of dirty....first time happened somethig like this....orrible feelings

We told to the receptionist and the only response was. "we are sorry...."

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Discornetto
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

The biggest positive of this hotel is its location, located in Central London of Notting Hill, 10 min walking distance from Kensington Garden, 5 min from Bayswater underground station and great nearby amenities of supermarkets and restaurants. And that's probably all, folks.
About this hotel I can only say it is reasonably clean with polite service.
I cannot see where is the value for money is for me when considering that we booked our "apartment" 3 months in advance, costing around £540 for 3 nights for 4 people. The apartment consisted of one longer but quite narrow room squashing kitchen counter, two single beds, desk with chair and wardrobe with only 3!!! hangers and only ONE shelf on top to store your clothes. And in this small narrow room they still managed to cut 1m x 2m for bathroom squashing inside the toilet, basin and shower corner. You can believe me, I am size 10 woman but I had problem to manage myself in this bathroom! And it had not ventilation either. We ate our breakfast on bed, we watched TV on bed, we unpacked and packed on bed, we slept in bed, this is to describe how much space there really was in this room.
Considering that London is just very overpriced and this was the best hotel to choose from in given price I would still recommend it to my friends and family but I would not lie and tell them to not to expect too much.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Somerset
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This was a very strange hotel, in quite an affluent part of London. It is within walking distance to many great attractions such as Kensington Gardens and Palace, Hyde Park, tube stations and various restaurants.
However, the accommodation itself wasn't great. It took ages for the check-in process. After waiting for everyone else to be checked in, the receptionist showed me my room - it was in a different building two doors away, in a basement. While the room had modern furnishings, it had a very strange feel about it.
The room was ridiculously laid out - there was a desk in the corner next to the bed which had the only chair which was unusable anyway as the fridge/cupboard and bed were in the way of getting there - very little space to pass by. So I would say the room was very uncomfortable - could only really sit on the bed which was pretty high, so while you're in the room, you're standing most of the time.
There was also a patio door, but I was not given the key to this door, so if there was a fire on the stairs leading down to the room or on the upper corridor, I would've been trapped in this room.
The bathroom was tiny - it had a very small shower that wasn't in an acceptable condition. The fittings were falling apart and I had to use one hand to untwist the shower water pipe, otherwise there would be no water pressure at all. Although it was very warm in London at the time, this room was extremely cold - probably due to being in a basement (no sun) and having a completely tiled floor with no mats whatsoever. The basin was so small that I couldn't fit the kettle underneath the tap to fill it - I had to use a cup to fill the kettle.
I didn't have a good night's sleep in this hotel because the fridge was too noisy - I eventually unplugged it! Also, on my first night, the fire alarm sounded at around 1 a.m. Everyone mustered outside, and waited there while the receptionist cleared the alarm by talking to someone on his cell phone and following instructions! So frustrating. No roll call was taken so people were not accounted for. I may as well have waited in my room while this debacle was going on.
While they advertise "free wifi" and give you a code to log into this (if you ask), it was impossible to pick up a signal in my room anyway!
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone - it wasn't the cheapest London hotel I've ever stayed in, and certainly far from the best.

Room Tip: Don't pre-book breakfast - plenty of restaurants nearby, including a coffee shop on the corner.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SomersetLucy
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The reviews are not great for these apartments so i was wary when we arrived . We got there in the morning and are rooms were ready we also had a free upgrade . We got our continantal breakfast delivered to our door the following morning which was nice and the croissants were warm .our rooms we very clean and spacious. the morning we were leaving they ordered us a taxi to go to the airoprt. The staff were very friendly and very helpful.Ther is also a frige a kettel and microwave in the room

Room Tip: The first floor has a balcony
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends