“lousy rooms”

Ranked #735 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Singapore, Singapore
“lousy rooms”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We booked a twin room and a quadruple room fr 14 to 19 july 2014. Upon check in, we were given a -1 (basement room) room 610. There is a aircon compressor outside the window making plenty of noise. The toilet was so small that even an asian girl like me could not dry myself nor stretch my arms n legs to put on my clothes. The shower area, the sink and the toilet bowl was all in a straight row with the toilet door next to the sink. We cannot even bend ourselves over the sink when brushing our teeth. All the amenities were like 18 inches apart. There is only space to stand in there but not move our body. As for the quadruple, we were given 2 double rooms because there is no more quadruple room and they changed it on the next day. However it was a 2 connecting rooms so call room A and B with no air condition in a different building. So our family was separated. When we asked for the room to be changed, we are told to take 2 double rooms. Because we have booked 3 paxs for this quadruple room and the 3rd lady does not want to sleep alone. So we were told to sleep with the windows open in the Summer weather. The wifi is also on and off. The reception was managed by a man who was not helpful at all.

Room Tip: Dont sleep in the -1 room 610.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank jsyk2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Pretty expensive for what it is...like anything in London!

That being said, it's pretty well located. Near BaysWater, Queensway tube station and 10 min. walk from Hyde Park... plus a walking distance from Portobello road market.

Noisy place due to the hotel across the street.
Seems like the AC is not working.

Outside of it, it was OK... but only for few nights.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

On are arrival we got told we had to be moved to a sister hotel due to maintenance then told us we had to leave the car here as no parking at other hotel ! They are so rude and unhelpful , we got moved and the other hotel is the worst place I ever seen , glad it was only one night then we looked on Internet and found out it would of cost us less than half the price to stay . We went all the way back to get car next day and complained and they said we would get full refund but have to go through company we booked with .with no communication for 2 weeks they then said the hotel offered 20% discount ! Don't go here not one good thing I can say !

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Andrew N

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

San Diego, CA
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We made reservations months ago for the hotel through a website. During that time our credit card information was stolen and we received new numbers. I emailed the hotel about this and never heard bad. The day before we leave I get an email saying that my credit card was declined and I had 24 hours to fix the issue. When I called long distance to London, they then told me I had to email ALL the credit card number information and could not give it over the phone. And there is no way to change that information through the website. How could you not take the number over the phone? I told them I already had information stolen once, and I would not email it. They would not let me do it over the phone!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kryslh
Island Of Malta, Malta
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The room was on the small side. We had a kitchenette but no pots, pans or even a toaster. We asked for them and after 3 days they gave them to us. So after that we were ok. The air conditioner seemed not working.

Room Tip: Overall stay was good. Good location.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We booked two rooms to stay the night but whilst on the train there i receive a call to say theres a problem with their rooms and we have to be transferred to their sister hotel. We are assured this will be enough to sleep four as has a double bed single bed & sofa bed. However, on return from a night out the sofa bed isnt a sofa bed and my friend has to sleep on the floor.

These people do not care and appear to have messed people around like this before. They should not be allowed to trade.

Stayed July 2014
New York, NY
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Hotel meets a very low bar set by price-vs.-expectations in an expensive city such as London. The neighborhood is great. There is easy access to the Tube and plenty of places to grab a bite. Staff varied between apathetic and helpful. When I arrived around 10 am, I couldn't check in and had to wait until the afternoon. This was not unusual per se; however, there is no place to sit and recharge your phone or catch your breath.The room was tiny and relatively clean, though decidedly borderline at times. I wasn't comfortable stepping barefoot into the bathroom. Towels and linens were thin and stingy. I didn't find the kitchenette set up very helpful and would have preferred that space be opened up for either more space in the room or the washroom. But for the price and location, I was generally satisfied. Being a tourist in London meant I spent a minimum of time in the room, anyway.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple