Open today: 09:00 - 19:00

from US$205.00
More Info
from US$205.00
More Info
All reviews victorian christmas interesting walk christmas carol charles dickens great guide learn something covent garden interesting information guided tour blackfriars knowledge stories fun clerkenwell mayfair smithfield microphone
Reviewed 4 January 2016

To mak a guided walk in the pouring rain interesting, fun and immensely enjoyable takes a special sort of guide. Hazel is certainly that sort of guide. Knowledgeably and with a quick sense of humour searching for noses (and other boy parts) around familiar London streets was a terrific start to the New Year. I would highly recommend her walks to anyone with curiosity.

1  Thank Lnyyy
Reviewed 3 January 2016

I have been to quite a few of Hazel's walks and they are always unique. Hazel is az excellent guide. Not just that she knows a lot and is very well prepared, but she tells lots of interesting titbits that helps to imagine life as it was before. She points out things that you would never notice, and her storytelling skills are superb.

Date of experience: July 2015
1  Thank Eva P
Reviewed 3 January 2016

Rarely have I been so cold, rarely have I been so wet, rarely have I been so captivated; I failed to notice the other two until Hazel had wound up the walk.

She has a style of her own and targets her content well.

Reviewed 3 January 2016

The 'Nosey around Soho' tour was a great 90 minute walk through Soho and its environ, with historical facts thrown in about the recent and past history and all events that defined the area. We're led around by our trusted and warm guide, Hazel, and the pace is brisk just how I like it. With a greedy thirst for knowledge I could have absorbed a few more facts but then we would have done less walking. Only dampener (excuse the pun) was the incessant rain but it's London in January, it's to be expected.

Reviewed 28 December 2015

It was great fun going with Hazel from St Paul's Cathedral to Somerset House on Boxing Day to discover the Victorian Christmas - the origin of Christmas cards, Christmas crackers and 'bah humbug'. She was so knowledgeable and we learnt a lot in a very short space of time. Everyone enjoyed the 90 minute walk.

Date of experience: December 2015