“Recommended walk around Blackfriars”

London Guided Walks
Private Walking Tour: Heretics and Horrors
Ranked #113 of 821 Tours in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Make the most of your time and get to know London for the first time or a little better. We provide fun, engaging and affordable scheduled guided walks, private walking tours and treasure hunts in London. We offer a wide variety of guided walks in London: Georgian London, Victorian London, Street Art tours, kids tours and those that reflect London's dark side. Our private London walking tours and treasure hunts are suitable for corporate events, groups, schools and international students. We have kids tours which are just the ticket for families and schools, they are both fun and educational. We have significant experience working with conference organisers and group organisers. We have lots of walks to suit a range of abilities and interest levels - get in contact to find the right tour for you!
Reviewed 21 March 2016

Hazel took us on a fascinating walk around Blackfriars showing, us amongst other things, the site of Baynards Castle, Wren churches & the only remaining part of the Blackfriars priory. She is incredibly well informed and this walk is highly recommended.

Date of experience: February 2016
Hazel B, Owner at London Guided Walks, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2016

Hi FredaEvelyn,
It was a pleasure to have you on my Oliver Twist and Blackfriars walk. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It means a lot to see people coming back for more. See you again no doubt!

All reviews
"smithfield"
"microphone"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 20 March 2016

What a friendly guide Hazel is. This was the first of her walks I had been on and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought I knew the Blackfriars area but Hazel took us down side streets and alleys I'd never even noticed before! She has clear diction and a microphone so you can hear her above traffic, just as well as she is very informative and funny. Recommended

Date of experience: March 2016

Hi Kim, Thanks so much coming along on my Best of Blackfriars tour and for taking the time to write the review. I am glad you found the microphone helpful - it is a recent addition. Hope to see you on another walking tour soon!

Reviewed 19 March 2016

A friend invited me on this walk and, to be honest, it's not one I probably would have picked myself. However, it was a brilliant Saturday morning learning all manner of interesting facts about a very historic part of London I knew nothing about. Our wonderful guide Hazel could make anywhere interesting. She is an excellent orator, well researched and knowledgeable about her subject matter managing to get the balance between dry fact and amusing anecdote just right. I will definitely be walking with her again and would highly recommend her to everyone.

Hi Janduyt,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It was a pleasure to have both of you on my Best of Blackfriars walk. There is plenty of London to explore so I hope to see you on another walking tour soon!

Reviewed 19 March 2016

The Blackfriars walk is an interesting look at that part of the city, Hazel is a good guide, with stories and a sense of humour. However, a couple of facts were not quite right - including what order the "black friars2 belonged to, which would seem important for this walk!