Open today: 09:00 - 19:00

from US$210.35
More Info
from US$210.35
More Info
All reviews victorian christmas interesting walk christmas carol charles dickens great guide learn something covent garden interesting information guided tour blackfriars knowledge stories fun clerkenwell smithfield microphone imparted
Reviewed 28 March 2016

We did the Victorian Christmas which we really enjoyed so we decided to do the Easter walk around Whitehall. Although it was a bit cold and windy we very much enjoyed the walk and Hazel was brilliant as before. Nice sized group and we could hear her very interesting talk. It finished absolutely on time.
Highly recommended.

Date of experience: March 2016
Hazel B, Owner at London Guided Walks, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2016

Hi Tony, Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. I am so glad you both enjoyed my Wonders of Whitehall walk and thank you for adding a photo to the collection. See you next time! Best, Hazel

Reviewed 21 March 2016

Hazel took us on a fascinating walk around Blackfriars showing, us amongst other things, the site of Baynards Castle, Wren churches & the only remaining part of the Blackfriars priory. She is incredibly well informed and this walk is highly recommended.

Date of experience: February 2016

Hi FredaEvelyn,
It was a pleasure to have you on my Oliver Twist and Blackfriars walk. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It means a lot to see people coming back for more. See you again no doubt!

Reviewed 20 March 2016

What a friendly guide Hazel is. This was the first of her walks I had been on and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought I knew the Blackfriars area but Hazel took us down side streets and alleys I'd never even noticed before! She has clear diction and a microphone so you can hear her above traffic, just as well as she is very informative and funny. Recommended

Date of experience: March 2016

Hi Kim, Thanks so much coming along on my Best of Blackfriars tour and for taking the time to write the review. I am glad you found the microphone helpful - it is a recent addition. Hope to see you on another walking tour soon!

Reviewed 19 March 2016

A friend invited me on this walk and, to be honest, it's not one I probably would have picked myself. However, it was a brilliant Saturday morning learning all manner of interesting facts about a very historic part of London I knew nothing about. Our wonderful guide Hazel could make anywhere interesting. She is an excellent orator, well researched and knowledgeable about her subject matter managing to get the balance between dry fact and amusing anecdote just right. I will definitely be walking with her again and would highly recommend her to everyone.

Hi Janduyt,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It was a pleasure to have both of you on my Best of Blackfriars walk. There is plenty of London to explore so I hope to see you on another walking tour soon!

Reviewed 19 March 2016

The Blackfriars walk is an interesting look at that part of the city, Hazel is a good guide, with stories and a sense of humour. However, a couple of facts were not quite right - including what order the "black friars2 belonged to, which would seem important for this walk!