“Fantastic Street/Travel photography workshop in Lisbon.”
Review of StreetSnappers

StreetSnappers
Ranked #21 of 205 Classes & Workshops in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Learn street photography in London on one of our street photography workshops. With a maximum of 6 participants, our structured full-day workshop provides hands-on tuition and mentoring from a highly experienced professional street photographer and photojournalist. Our workshops are fun, informative and inspiring. If you want to take your documentary / street photography to a new level, we have an innovative street photography course for you. The most popular street photography workshops in the UK!
Reviewed 9 September 2017

I attended a Street/Travel photography workshop earlier this month, in the wonderful city of Lisbon.

This is the 2nd workshop that I have attended of Brian's - and like the first it was a fantastic experience.

Brian is an excellent tutor, very generous with his time and knowledge. The 2 day course was paced superbly giving plenty of chances to learn new techniques, and listen to Brian's advice, tips, and techniques.

I was one of 6 participants on the course. The group had a great mix of experience and styles, and were a fab bunch of people to spend time with. I consider Brian and them to be friends.

I look forward to attending more workshops run by Brian and StreetSnappers in the future.

Many thanks,
Shane :)

1  Thank shanejferguson
StreetSnapper, Owner at StreetSnappers, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Thanks very much Shane. It was a pleasure to have your company (and local knowledge!) over the weekend and I'm so glad you found the experience beneficial. You produced some great work during the workshop and I look forward to seeing it immortalised in our collaborative book!

All reviews
"field"
in 3 reviews
"material"

Reviewed 29 August 2017

I went to a Street Snappers workshop with Brian earlier this month and I have to say it was really excellent and terrific value.
Before the workshop Brian took the time to find out about me so that he could pitch things to meet my expectations and experience.
We met in a small group for a briefing with Brian sharing his expertise and demonstrating with a selection of photographs what we should be looking for, which was very thorough and included all aspects of street photography.
We hit the streets taking photographs on a route Brian selected which provided lots of interesting photo-opportunities with constructive criticism and encouragement as we went along. There was further feed back over lunch with more photography in the afternoon. The day was rounded off with a further get together and debrief.
The whole experience has been further enhanced by a follow up email with suggestions on how to improve my picture taking skills and additional material to help the process.
All in all this workshop exceeded my expectations and I will definitely be taking another workshop with Brian and Street Snappers as soon as I can.

StreetSnapper, Owner at StreetSnappers, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Thank you Jim - it was a pleasure to spend the day with you last week. You've got a really good eye for a shot and sound technical skills - keep getting out there and spend time finding your style. And do give me a shout if you need any advice about anything. All the best, Brian.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Brian is everything you want in a tutor: knowledgeable, patient, and generous with his experience.

Within 15 minutes I realized how little I knew about street photography but Brian made it very accessible and achievable.

We had a great afternoon learning something new with every turn of the street.

And we ended the day in the pub - what's not to like?

1  Thank TheACameron
StreetSnapper, Owner at StreetSnappers, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

You're too kind - thank you! I enjoyed your company and it was great to see your enthusiasm. Looking forward to seeing your work develop :-)

Reviewed 14 August 2017

The Workshop was first class. Brian who led it was excellent. Firstly the Email prior to the Workshop was very thorough. On the day Brian was very clear and involved everyone that was taking part. The locations were spot on for street photography. I enjoyed the debrief in the pub & Brian has sent me another detailed Email suggesting various stuff to improve my photography. Well worth the money. Thanks, Jane

Thank you Jane! It was great to see you on the second workshop, putting into practice some of the techniques learned on the first. Looking forward to seeing some of the results . . .