“Second visit - will keep going back!”
Review of Sale e Pepe

Sale e Pepe
Reserve with OpenTable
Sale e Pepe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #487 of 23,214 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$27 - US$95
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Knightsbridge
Description: Now in its fortieth year of service, Sale e Pepe continues to attract clientele from all over the world. Generations have come to rely on this traditional Italian trattoria just two minutes' walk from Harvey Nichols and Harrods in Knightsbridge. Guests love the consistently good cooking, using fresh ingredients, the great atmosphere and the familiar faces of the friendly Italian staff who haven't changed much in all the years Sale e Pepe has been open. Manager for over 35 years, Tony knows everyone and everyone knows Tony. Sale e Pepe is famous for its fresh dover sole, calves liver and veal chop. The pasta dishes are highly recommended too with excellent specials changing daily. The cuisine will remind you of your favourite meals in Italy.
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Just back in our hotel after visiting for the second time in the last 12 months. Once again Tony and his colleagues (they must be more than just staff?) ensured that we had a very good meal in superb surroundings. Especially good as we only booked an hour before we ate and were received straight away.

Forget what some reviewers say about the noise, it all adds to the atmosphere and makes you feel like you are somewhere in Italy.

1  Thank RobMarshall2014
There are newer reviews for Sale e Pepe

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

It's one of the tastiest food that I have ever tried being in many many top restaurants ever. True Italian welcoming atmosphere, melting tasty food no matter what you choose ). I have recommended to all friends )PS if you don't know which meal to choose ask a host )

1  Thank Elleya
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I have eaten here a few times over the past 30 years, same staff !. They are noisy but so professional. Very smart, plenty of them. I notice that I hardly ever mention the food in these reviews, that is usually because I forget what I have eaten. Same this time, I do remember that both the starter and main meal were full of flavour and delicious. There are many fine Italian restaurants in this area but for lunch you have to go a long way for a better eating experience. Also there is excellent natural light which I like. Enjoy

1  Thank WilcoBraintree
Reviewed 10 June 2014

As my parents live almost next door, it has been a family favourite for years. They know us and look after us well, especially Tony. My mother and I went for a dinner and had oysters and asparagus to start which we shared over a couple of glasses of Prosecco. We both chose scallops as our main. Everything was well presented, tasted delicious and service always friendly with a bit of Opera included. If in Knightsbridge do go but book as it is very popular.

1  Thank Moosie57
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Pros
Delicious Italian cuisine
Central location in Knightsbridge
Friendly staff

Cons
It took a 30 minute wait before we were seated
Expensive for what it is
Noisy