“The Ddeokbokki!!! And the haemul pajeon!!”
Review of Assa

Assa
Ranked #8,353 of 23,357 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$0 - US$31
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Really enjoyed my time there. I have to say that sometimes it gets really hard to get a table to you either have to go early or make a reservation beforehand!

The Ddeokbokki and haemul pajeon were really, REALLY good! The bibimbap was also quite good. The bulgogi was also good but could be better. :)

Reviewed 7 November 2011

The food at ASSA has always been great. It used to be better value but since it's popularity has increased, so did the price of food.
The only negative aspect of eating at this restaurant is that you will basically smell of Korean food after eating there. It's quite embarrassing at times but I guess that is one aspect I will have to endure if I want nice and yummy Korean food!

Reviewed 2 October 2011

Recommended by a friend who had better experience than I did. Food was authentic, but a bit expensive. Portions could have been bigger. The waiting wasn't good because we had to wait outside and it was raining.

Might be back if there are better deals, however there are a few more Korean restaurants to try out in the area before i decide to come back.

Reviewed 31 July 2011

With 3 Korean restaurants to choose from literally metres from each other and all with good reviews - we chose this one as it was pretty full of Korean/ Asian people (seemed a good sign). We were ushered downstairs to sit alone in a small room but we requested to wait for a table on the ground floor which was granted. We went off the waiters recommendations which included a seafood pancake for starter @ £6.25 - this turned out to be a small pancake with some green and red peppers with no sign of erm.....seafood! - after dissecting it like a surgeon I eventually came across 2 small crushed prawns - so not recommended. Main courses were of similar poor value although my wife's chicken was far superior to my beef - which turned out to be a tablespoon of mince! Dishes on other tables looked far better than we were served - perhaps this was a co-incidence. The meal was poor value - I left hungry and £32 lighter. If you do decide to visit - stick with the chicken dishes and ask to order from the Korean (use the English version to translate) menu - which I would suspect gets you far bigger portions at a fraction of the price! - my recommendation though is if you want some Kirean food - try one of the other 2 restaurants nearby.

Reviewed 31 May 2010

Having cooked some Korean food we wanted to try this place. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but there were lots of customers inside so we decided to give it a chance. The bibimbap which came in a castiron bowl was great, but the bulgogi and spicy pork belly was even better. The food is not very spicy though, not sure if it's a result of british adaptation or authentic.

1  Thank GoldPeng