“poor”

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“poor”
Reviewed 12 June 2013 via mobile

I was there last night to watch the game that was on.. But before I went there I made a call to book a table for 6 people one of te guys who picked up the phone said no - so I thought the pub was absolutely packed.. After 15min from the call I made I got to this beautiful pub and was plenty of seat available that the guy could've booked for me. Got there and there was 2 guys behind the bar .. got served by rob(rudest guy) I have ever seen.. I have ever been served by I thought he was being a bit racist as I'm not English but after that stay at the bar watching with and he was rude to everyone. NO PLEASE, NO THANK YOU AND PLACING MY CHANGE IN THE BAR. there was another guy called BEN he was nice to me and all of my friends that came with me as we had food and drinks very polite that I even tipped and my friends did too. If you want more clientele should definitely not have rude bad staff. Food was good and drink and great atmosphere.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank criss1207

Ottawa, Canada
“Not for family with children”
Reviewed 6 May 2013

The pub looks good. We went in to have dinner with my wife, daughter and step-daughter (11) at 1700 hrs on Sunday evening and we were told that children under 18 were not allowed on weekends. We went back the next day (Monday) at the same time and we were told that children were not allowed.

I asked the waiter if this was a British law and he said no but it was HIS house rules. There is no sign outside stating that children are not welcomed at any time. I understand that this is a bar but it was supper time and my step daughter is not a baby. We ended up eating dinner at a nearby bar called "the Swan" which accepted children under 18 for dinner. I would never take a young child at a bar during the evening but as I said, this was at 5:00 pm.

Visited May 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
“great sports pub”
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Usually quiet but it really comes to life when there is a big sports event (especially during Champions League games). Has 4 TVs and 2 projectors and shows all the CL games of the night with fans of every team all under the same roof creating the best atmosphere you can find in London.
Service is usually good but you should expect delays when it's crowded. They usually have a small entrance fee on CL nights (£4 with a free beer, £2 without, if I recall correctly).
Food:
The burgers are decent and it's what I usually order, Hunter's chicken is also good.

• Visited March 2012
Staffordshire
“Great Sports Pub”
Reviewed 12 July 2012

This is a friendly and comfortable pub. Whilst completly unpretentious the standards and service are high. Prices are very reasonable for London too. If you like to watch sports this is the place for you. After a day's sightseeing, you could just find that this is the place to end your evening. Lee and his team are fantastic

Visited July 2012
Concord, North Carolina
“Never even got a chance to Eat”
Reviewed 9 September 2011

We went here because we heard the food was good. Walked in asked one of the staff if we just needed to sit and he said yes. We waited 15 minutes and noone ever came to the table. I went to the bar to get someone's attention and they just looked at me and kept doing whatever it was they were doing. After 20 minutes we left. Heard the food was good to bad the service isn't.

• Visited August 2011