“Loads of badly cooked meat”
Review of Rodizio Rico

Rodizio Rico
Reserve with OpenTable
Rodizio Rico is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5,031 of 22,544 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Brazilian, Barbecue, South American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“Loads of badly cooked meat”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Went here with friends. A few of the meat dishes were lovely but most were not properly cooked and chewy or in the case of a garlic sausage disgusting and inedible. A complaint yielded some edible food but it was not a good experience. There are many great restaurants on Upper Street go somewhere else.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank BenK588

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
“Learn the system before you enter”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Prenote: they don’t take Amex, a summary of the below is "if you must go, assemble a plate of Rump Steak, a bit of sausauge and salads and leave it at that"

1. With Chusacaria you just sit at the table and the carvers walk around the restaurant cutting of meat directly onto your plate

2. Everything hinges on the quality of the meat - here they have only one good cut and its called beef Picanha (thats rump steak to you and me)

3. All the other cuts are rubbish ie the ribs both pork and beef, chicken hearts, chicken thighs, lamb flank etc. all chewy and bland.

4. But quality cuts like Picanha cost money… at Rodizio Rico they have got around this by not bringing out the steaks till very late in the service so by the time you have hit a buffet and eaten all the rubbish in point 3 above you are very full and only want a sliver of the steak. A clever business model

5. We had a Portuguese native in our group that was only too familiar with this system so made it clear that we mean business and they can just dispense with the trade craft. At this point the servers all turned moody and started to ignore us. Instead dumping the cheap cuts onto the tables around us.

6. In the end we just waited… and the staff realized we weren't gonna be played so they changed their tone a bit later in the evening.

7. For £35 per head it seems like a waste of space. You can get a much better meal at any of the other restaurants dotted along Upper St… spoilt for choice.

PS all the soft drinks were flat and the staff said that was normal.

1 Thank Sidji
“Never again!!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Came here to celebrate my sisters birthday on a Saturday night with a table of 14 people.
vegetarian option consisted of one dish of aubergine in tomato sauce - nice but that was the only dish i got!
Meat was hardly brought over and it got so bad that we were sitting there trying to get any one of the numerous waiters to notice that 13 people were sat with empty dishes apart from the salad buffet.
This buffet was nice but I don't think £25 per head is reasonable for a good buffet!!
We all went out to smoke at the end of the night, leaving our coats and bags inside and when we came in, we found all of our drinks had been cleared as they thought we had left!!
Not a nice experience overall at all and we will not be returning and would not recommend.

1 Thank Mel_871
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent meat and vegetable options”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

All-round great food and atmosphere. The special rice dishes are great and the meat is cooked well. Also has a good choice of wine. Well worth a visit.

“horrible!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I have been to rico 6 years ago about 3 or 4 times and I use to really like it. Yesterday I took my boyfriend and another friend for lunch there, I told them that it was a fantastic place and they would love it, I was very excited and when i got there I was really disappointed. The meat wasn't coming to our table, I had to ask for sausage and when we got it it was very dry. There was no much variety on the buffet as well for the price we paid and the prices OH MY GOD!!!! A lunch for 3 people with 3 caipirinhas, 1 water, 1 dessert and 1 espresso was £101!!!!!!! A weekend before we went to this sushi place where we could eat as much as we liked as well and we paid £67, I don't think RICO gives you the right service and food for the price you pay, I will never eat there again and will also tell friends and family to be alway from there!!!!!

Another thing... I am Brazilian and when I asked the waiter to tell me the name de meat in portuguese he could not speak the language which is fine but he was very rude on the way he replied back to me. HORRIBLE PLACE, RIDICULOUS EXPENSIVE!!!! NEVER AGAIN!!!!

2 Thank Danilo16