“Faultless” 5 of 5 bubbles

Coq d'Argent
Ranked #654 of 22,225 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$31 - US$125
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, View, Groups, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: City of London
Description: Coq d'Argent serves classic French food in its spectacular rooftop setting at No.1 Poultry in the City of London. In addition to the main restaurant, the brasserie offers a less formal menu at lunchtime, while the outdoor terraces and gardens provide a verdant oasis in the heart of the Square Mile.
Reading, United Kingdom
“Faultless”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We went here on a Friday night and the atmosphere was beautiful. Such a tranquil place in the the centre of London. Try and get there while it's still light to make the most of the terrace view!

Food was superb, beautifully delicate flavouring. The service was perfect, friendly and attentive without being too pretentious or over powering.

We are already planning our return!

Visited August 2014
SGavin, General Manager at Coq d'Argent, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thank you for your feedback.

I am so very pleased you had such a great time with us.

I have passed on your comments to the team and they were all very pleased.

Wadhurst, United Kingdom
“A wonderful evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

We have a wonderful evening for my niece's 18th birthday , the service was fantastic and friendly, we mainly chose from the set menu but a few changes were made to satisfy fussy eaters, nothing was too much trouble for the staff.
The food was lovely, portions generous and presentation beautiful.
I would definitely eat here again it was excellent value for money and the staff just lovely.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind words.

I am pleased you had such a good time whilst celebrating the birthday of your niece.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Fairfield, Connecticut
“Nice Evening Out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Would recommend this restaurant for an up-scale dining experience. The four of us started with oysters, foie gras and escargot (the best choice). Entrees were the canard, turbo, salmon and veal, which turned out to be a huge chop (not cutlet as per the menu). Do not miss ordering the soft mash; rich with butter and creamy; the wilted spinach was also very good.

Service was efficient and professional. We never felt the courses came too quickly or too slowly. Very good wine list.

Enjoy!

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JFsB
Thank you for your feedback.

I am pleased you had a good experience whilst guests of ours, the veal chop is a great cut of meat and proves very popular with our diners.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

“Amazing service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Came for dinner with a friend and I'm on the scd diet, our waiter went out of his way to help me and check with the chef. Amazing service!

Thank you for your kind comments.

We do try our best to accomodate all dietary requirements and requests and can usually adapt a range of dishes to suit.

I am pleased you had a good meal.

Sean.
London, United Kingdom
“Could D'o Better.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

We had late guests arrive in London and we wanted a place to go. We tried The Bleeding Heart. Full. Looked at these great Offers on London and found this restaurant. Quite famous I understand. The evening standard were doing an offer. £30 a head. Great value we thought and knowing the wine and the add on swill take it higher, not a problem. We did The Savoy last time on Book that Table. We arrived and nice place. We sat down and still a nice place. Took the offer meal and still a nice place. We are 4 so they knew £120 was a dead cert. £300 later and I am writing this review. The staff need to be smarter in their knowledge of Getting The Money from the Punters. We had 2 bottles of wine. I could have drunk 4. We had an extra 2 Salads- Mixed as the waiter said in parrot fashion back to me. We had Boiled New Potatoes We had Espinache We had ticked root vegetables. We had the pud and a coffee each. We were the last to leave. I feel it's a great place for business luncheons and a Very Early Evening Dinner. On the way home and as our guest left London. It's the First Time I have Not given a Tip over the Mandatory Bill. The money wasn't the issue. The Attitude of The Staff Is. I won't be returning. The Pub below is better, at least they told us we had 20 mins to closing. I even bought the girl serving us. "Drink for You". That was the best £27 spent. Should have had dinner there, at least it would have been appreciated.

• Visited August 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 625Johnboy1
Many thanks for your recent feedback.

I do apologise that you did not have a great experience whilst guests of ours, this is not the usual standards we deliver and I am disappointed you were not happy.

I do hope you will change your mind and revisit us. If so please book directly with myself at seang@danddlondon and I will ensure you are well looked after.