“Maybe I visited on a bad day...”
Review of Pierre Victoire

Pierre Victoire
Reserve with OpenTable
Pierre Victoire is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #256 of 22,834 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$0 - US$90
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Soho
Description: Pierre Victoire Bistro has been established as one of Soho's most charming French restaurants since opening its doors to London in 1998. The classic French Bistro style décor complete with an eclectic collection of art pieces and chalkboards detailing the daily specials sets an inviting scene in which to enjoy a fabulous and very affordable French meal. Set menus are a prominent feature of this great little restaurant where a two course set lunch will set you back just £9.90 and the two course evening meal is a steal at just £12.90, both with plenty to choose from. Enjoy the restaurant's famous Steak & Frites as well as a wide range of fresh fish and seafood. The menus are changed regularly so there is always a delightful surprise waiting. Lunch times are ideal for an informal business lunch or just a long lazy afternoon with friends. In the evenings the restaurant is transformed into to a romantic restaurant where customers dine over candle light to music from one of the rather eccentric and charming pianists when it takes their fancy! The intimate basement lounge is available for exclusive hire at no further cost and can be styled to comfortably accommodate groups of up to 25.
“Maybe I visited on a bad day...”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Reading the below reviews, I was very excited to visit this restaurant after booking online. I travelled to London alone on business and decided to eat at this restaurant on a Sunday evening. It didn't start off well - stood at the door for a few minutes before venturing to the bar to get seated. The staff seemed very disinterested and simply gestured to an empty table. I waited for about 10 minutes before being given a menu and bread - and was given two menus although I was eating alone. Took about 10 minutes after for someone to offer me a drink.

I ordered the grilled mussels to start with. They were boiling hot - and didn't cool even after 10 minutes (couldn't enjoy them as they burnt my lip!). I followed this with the bavette steak. The meat was extremely tough and chewy I only ate 1/4. I told the waiter after my meal and he simply nodded and walked away.

The food wasn't great but the service was the worst I've ever come across. The staff barely spoke, were completely inattentive and I don't think anyone smile. I asked if they were still serving the set menu and the women simply uttered 'no.' The lack of friendly service really ruined the meal for me.

Finally, there was a piano player who started playing after my starter. I don't think he finished an entire song - he was too busy talking and hugging customers, standing up to look and touch money in his tip jar and stopping to take sips of his beer. I just thought this all was slightly unprofessional.

All in all a depressing meal.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank emilysugden

• Polish first
County Cork, Ireland
“Very nice, but perhaps a little bit too much butter.”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Chose the dinner special fish main course, (additional supplement), not deboned, although very tasty, butter volcano have been less. Although, I still ate everything, promising myself to stay off butter for the following week, my family had no fault at all to find with their mains. Dessert was lovely. Nice house wine.
Have eaten there before recommended by my brother.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank maribellisimo
London, United Kingdom
“What an amazing lunch - great friendly service and wonderful food!!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is such a superb Bistro in Soho - My offices are in the heart of Soho, so I am used to eating in many places in this area, so I was very surprised when I came across this great little French restaurant. i went for the lunchtime (2 course) set menu - which had an a great selection of Starters and Main courses.

I opted for the starter of Chickpea and Coriander Falafels with Aubergine Hummus and Tahini sauce and for the main I had the Confit of Duck with Dauphinoise Potatoes,Wilted Spinach and Green Peppercorn Jus. The ingredients were of a very high quality and the food was superb (and at a very reasonable price).

I must say that the staff were extremely friendly, and they made some great recommendations on the wine and starters. The staff, atmosphere and value for money was exceptional here and I will definitely be going back and I would recommend this place to anyone.

Indy

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Indy K
“Lunchtime meal”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We had walked past this restaurant many times as it’s close to our place of work so a colleague and I saw the lunchtime menu and decided to try it out. We ended up going for the two course for £7.90, opting for FETA AND PIMENTO STUFFED ROAST SARDINE FILLETS WITH SHAVED FENNEL AND LIME then PAPPARDELLE PASTA WITH CHERRY TOMATOES, GRILLED COURGETTES, BASIL, FRESH MOZZARELLA & OLIVES for the main. The service was attentive and friendly which included the provision of free olives and bread to fill in the hunger.

The first course was well presented and not over fussy, quite light as well as it was a hot day. The pinot Grigio was an ideal accompaniment with the fish.

The pasta came out for the main and was full of colour and flavour, you could also tell the pasta was freshly made on the premises and was of a very high standard. The portions were perfect and not too overwhelming considering it was a two course lunch. I came away feeling like I had a meal and at medium to high end French restaurant but paying bottom end prices. For the money, I would challenge anyone to find a match on quality, service and variety of food - a true gem in the West End and cannot wait to go back to sample more of the lunchtime specials.

• Visited July 2014
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
“Second visit and will be back again”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We booked here as a post theatre meal arriving around 22.30 the restaurant was busy with a live pianist and a great atmosphere. Friendly staff, great food and wine (all very reasonable priced). Although it was late no one rushed you and will no doubt eat here again when around soho.