“Travel through time to Sherlock Holmes' days in a stunning environment”
Review of Kona

Kona
Ranked #171 of 25,464 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$45 - US$51
Cuisines: European, Mediterranean
Neighbourhood: Westminster
Description: Kona denotes comfort and cosiness and celebrates the provenance and proximity of cuisine sources. It is exotic, personal and yet hip. Kona balances luxurious indulgence with delightfully fresh simplicity. The cuisine offers Chef Daniel Ayton's interpretation of the colours, flavours and vibrancy of Western Europe with tasting portions that allow the flexibility to try different meats, cooking styles and flavours. The ingredients are fresh, predominantly sustainable produce. The menu marries traditional cooking techniques with contemporary styling, unpretentious yet elegant - served in a luxurious environment with a homely, welcoming warmth.
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Living in London for more than 3 years now and working in hospitality myself, I had the chance to experience quite a few afternoon teas in the big city. I must say, my experience at Kona for a Sherlock Holmes Afternoon Tea for two was what I call an impecable experience. Welcomed by Adson with a huge smile, we have been showed to our table which was set with fantastic artefacts following the story telling of our afternoon tea choice. The culinary selection was delicious with a special favourite on the Chicken pie and the coffee and Bailey's cheesecake. I must highlight that the best part of this afternoon was the service provided. Nothing was too much to ask and any request answered with a smile. Adson looked after us with his colleague Fabio and my friend and I felt very special in this setting. I would recomend it to any of my friends for a special occasion or a lovely treat in this hidden gem near Buckingham Palace. Once again thank you very much for this experience and, we look forward to seeing you again Adson & Fabio, and the rest of the team.

1  Thank Cécile G
Taj L, Manager at Kona, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear Cécile G,

What very kind words you have left for us, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

Myself and the team are delighted that you found the experience very enjoyable and it certainly sounds like you make some memories to cherish.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon,

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

I scheduled afternoon tea to have some time with my daughter and it exceeded my expectations period everything that came to the table was super fresh and had the most beautiful thought and detail . Our waiter Stephen provided the utmost service was very informative and super attentive . If you are in London coming to have afternoon tea at the Kona is a must do!!!!

Taj L, Manager at Kona, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear Gina S,

It's always heartening to read when our guests' expectations are exceeded and we are delighted that you had an enjoyable afternoon. Thank you for your kind words, particularly about our team, who will be very proud to read them.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

My second time at Kona and disappointed once again. This time we took my mother out for afternoon tea and chose to go to Kona as we were walking past.

We opted for the Alice in Wonderland themed tea. Again the sandwiches were dry, the pastry heavy handed and tasteless.

Service cannot be faulted our servers were both very attentive and helpful and doing their best to sell us the tacky beads and fake flowers on the table.

Taj L, Manager at Kona, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear Leylahni,

Thank you for your lovely and honest words in regards you last experience with us.

It was really a pleasure to have you here, moreover I'm delightful to hear that you enjoyed it.

I do appreciate your detailed feedback and I'll share it with our winning award kitchen so that we can look into it and improve it.

Looking forward to welcome you again maybe for another themed afternoon tea such as" Merry Poppins" which will be next to be launched. So stay tuned!

Restaurant Manager

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Sherlock Holmes was the theme of our High Tea this afternoon at Kona. My teacup was never empty nor was my plate! I felt pampered by the wait staff as they were always there for us. The attention to detail was amazing, whether you chose Alice in Wonderland or Sherlock Holmes, the decorations at your table matched your chosen theme. Delicious tea sandwiches and sweets accompanied my tea, but my favorite were the scones, clotted cream and jam. A wonderfully British tradition!

Taj L, Manager at Kona, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear Jotoscano,

Thank you so much for your kind words following your Sherlock Holmes Afternoon Tea

I am so happy that you enjoyed your afternoon with us, felt special and welcome and found the food and service much to your liking too.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon,

Reviewed 17 June 2018

My friend and I visited the Kona for afternoon tea with the Alice in wonderland theme. It was a buy-a-gift treat that I had for xmas from my son & his girlfriend. We were really looking forward to afternoon tea and travelled down to London for the day. Having been to other themed afternoon teas in London which have been superb my friend and I were a little disappointed with this one. Although the staff were attentive and the food was ok we both thought the theme was lacking Alice and a bit of wonderland.

Taj L, Manager at Kona, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear Tigerlilytilly,

Thank you so much for your visit at Kona restaurant and for sharing with us your feedback.

We do strive to exceed our customer expectations trying to go above and beyond. Moreover Kona restaurant has a beautiful reputation for offering a classic service with a nice and forward twist in order to suit any customers needs. Please accept our apologies if we have fell short of this occasion.

I really hope to welcome you back again to show you that this is not our usual standards, perhaps for our new Merry Poppins Afternoon Tea which will be launched from August 2018.

Yours Sincerely,