“What a find!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Buenos Aires Cafe Blackheath

Buenos Aires Cafe Blackheath
Reserve with OpenTable
Buenos Aires Cafe Blackheath is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,932 of 22,204 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Argentinian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London
“What a find!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Having over to the area very recently we decided to try Buenos Aires through a recommendation from a colleague. The restaurant is run on a strict turn around regime - every table is turned after 2 hours, but do not let that put you off. I always believed that is enough time for two anyway. When we arrived I had a bad first impression as I was told I had booked my table half an hour earlier than my arrival, meaning that I had only 1.5 hours left, to that effect. As I am quite sure I did not, I was a little put off, as I interpreted the server to have a little bit of an indifferent attitude to this, but stayed anyway. I am glad I did.

The food is lovely, no doubt about that. I don't agree with other reviewers saying it reminded them of supermarket steaks - it is far from the case. They were beautifully charred and well cooked and we had some chips with chimicurri mayio which was divine. A bottle of red also went down a treat, but on that note I must say that the wine service needed a tad bit more attention. Make sure you save space for desserts as they are home made and really good. Note to chef - your creme caramel style dessert was a little over cooked. Yes, people can see the difference!

Coffee was really good too, and service casual and very 'latin' (loud, friendly).
I would NOT RECOMMEND this restaurant as I want to ensure they always have space for me when I book!

Well done folks. We'll be back.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Mark C

London, United Kingdom
“Average food and slightly odd service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

Chorizo was tasty but literally a sausage on a plate, had to ask for some bread to go with it to soak up the (delicious) sauce.

Steaks... We had a rump and a rib eye, the meat was pretty good but it reminded me of when I cook steaks from the supermarket. It was a bit oily and quite thin (maybe ¾ of an inch) so nothing to write home about. Also the roast tomatoes at the side were cold.

Following food the table was then wiped down with a cloth and bleach. I'm all for hygeine but this smelled awful and isn't what you want when having dinner.

1 Thank K P
London
“Delicious steak, friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

We ate the mixed grill, which was served exactly as ordered and was tender and delicious. We would happily return. The service was friendly and attentive, with lots of laughter and banter. Really good fun.

• Visited December 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great food in one of Blackheath's best restaurants.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

I used to eat here frequently but have only managed one visit since having a baby 18 months ago. I've only ever had the steak and the Milanese Con Papa's Fritters here because they are both excellent. The pizzas are apparently very good, but I wouldn't know because the steak is so good I won't try anything else.
Five years ago I would have given Buenos 5 stars, it was our favorite restaurant in London. With slight management changes I think it has slipped from perfection to very good with service and size of servings. I think it is still a wonderful little restaurant where you can get simple food cooked extremely well. I don't like the dancing videos being on in the basement though (I hate TVs in restaurants).
If your wondering where to eat in Blackheath, eat here.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Lovely restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

Excellent food and great atmosphere, best in the evening for a romantic dinner.

Would also recommend the Buenos Aires Deli in Greenwich for breakfast or lunch.

Visited November 2013