“Wow, fantastic”
Review of Le Boudin Blanc

Le Boudin Blanc
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Boudin Blanc is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #441 of 24,015 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I celebrated a major birthday here and the restaurant served up a delectable meal, perfectly cooked and complemented by a fabulous wine that was surprisingly cheap considering the location and the quality of the restaurant.

The atmosphere was very Parisian, adding to our enjoyment. That does include the slightly disengaged service one expects in Paris. But somehow it fit into the experience and wasn't a problem.

A lovely restaurnat in a corner of London that managed to feel like Paris.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

This isn't just a French restaurant, it's a little bit of France tucked away in Shepherd's Market. From the 'Bon soir' which greeted us to the Parisian-style tres petite tables packed elbow to elbow and the efficient, slightly off-hand service it was easy to imagine we were across the Channel rather than in the West End.

When we arrived at 8pm on a weekday evening, the place was packed, though it quickly thinned out after 9pm. And though the staff were obviously busy, they took good care of us - if anything, the food arrived too swiftly, though we never felt as though they were trying to turn the table over.

My husband tried the restaurant's signature Boudin Blanc, a sizeable though light as a feather sausage made of chicken and pork, and pronounced it superb, as was the tarte tatin he had to follow. However, I didn't rate my braised lamb shank quite so highly, it being somewhat on the dry side.

We got the feeling that a lot of the customers were regulars - and I think we would be too if we lived in the neighbourhood!

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I grew up with a French grandmother. This food was disappointing. The cut was bad, not the preparation. Get better meat.
And regarding the service: attentive, but a bit uncomfortable and snooty.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Had a meal here last Saturday night, the food was perfectly acceptable, unfortunately we had a table in a downstairs cellar. The smell when we first got down there was very damp and musty, and at least three couples came down and then asked to be moved.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I stumbled upon Le Boudin Blanc looking for somewhere to eat on a Saturday night and luckily managed to get a table for two with no reservation. We were taken downstairs to a very cosy dining area, with a romantic atmosphere. The restaurant is very traditionally French, from the decor to the service and menu.

The food was very good. I had the 'boudin blanc' which was a light pork and chicken sausage. The sausage was huge but it was definitely light as described, almost a mousse and not like anything I had tried before. The accompanying potatoes were perfectly smooth and the sauce not too overpowering.

The service was attentive for the most part, although we were offered bread then it didn't turn up until I chased it, which happened to be at the same time as the main courses when it was no longer needed. Generally good brasserie in a nice setting.