“spot on”
Review of The Sands End

The Sands End
Reserve with OpenTable
The Sands End is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,122 of 23,214 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$41 - US$71
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Sands End Pub and Kitchen where we bring a slice of the countryside to a small corner of South West London. With seasonal food and real ales served among friendly locals enjoying our famous scotch eggs with their dogs lazing at their feet, The Sands End is the perfect location for a great meal and a few drinks. Please contact us if you have any questions or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter to stay in tune with all our latest news. See you soon!
Reviewed 28 March 2014

called in here when waiting for our clothes to be washed at laundromat across the road. WOW what a surprise quality food, fresh ingredients, friendly helpful staff, unusual and tasty menu, great atmosphere including the dogs allowed at tables, the best meal we had anywhere in Europe on the 8 week trip, and the best prices. Fantastic
only brickbat the smokers outside the front as smoke wafted inside.

There are newer reviews for The Sands End

Reviewed 28 March 2014

I had lunch here with a friend, fish and chips, and found the service incredibly slow. It took at least 20 minutes for us to be served, and then another 30-40 minutes for our food to come out!!!!!!!

Outside, it has signs from when it opened with reviews stating how good it was, and how delighted they would be if this gastropub was located down their street! Well, I think standards have obviously slipped since then.

In fairness, the staff were friendly enough, and the food did look nice, but I've had nicer fish and chips, and my friend had similar opinions over his steak - average. The inside of the pub was really nice.

If you want this type of food, I would suggest you go to Elk Bar at Fulham Broadway, they actually have a nice menu, especially their £5 express lunch menu. The burgers are great at Elk. Drink prices at Elk are similar, and have a larger variety.

The food and drink prices are well over priced for what they are at Sands End. Over £4 for a lager??? If you want to go for a pint, there are cheaper places in the area, just literally 2 minutes around the corner doing ale at £2.70 or lager at £3.10!!!! The staff are much better there, but do not do food.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

We visited Sands End with a London based friend when visiting from Australia. We loved the food and services at this out of the way gastro pub. Food and interesting, well executed and very tasty with lots of local produce. Service is professional and friendly. Well worth going out of your way to get to this pub.

Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

I love the sands end!
Excellent value for money specially with the set lunch menu.
Food is always good...
But let down sometimes by the service. Not a big deal
All in all is a good place to enjoy good food in a relax "pubby" atmosphere.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I've eaten at this gastropub about 6 or 7 times now in the past few months and it is truly worth it. The food is incredible. Although everything I've had here has been outstanding, I would highly recommend the pigeon, grouse, or any kind of game they serve. It is done amazingly well, perfectly cooked and seasoned. When it gets to be a little too busy, it can be hard to hear your dining partner and sometimes hard to be spotted by the server as well. It is a beautiful pub, and while the prices are a little steep, it doesn't stop me from going back as often as I can!