“Good restaurant... Not a pub”
Review of The Sands End

The Sands End
Reserve with OpenTable
The Sands End is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,375 of 22,692 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$38 - US$66
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Sands End Pub and Kitchen where we bring a slice of the countryside to a small corner of South West London. With seasonal food and real ales served among friendly locals enjoying our famous scotch eggs with their dogs lazing at their feet, The Sands End is the perfect location for a great meal and a few drinks. Please contact us if you have any questions or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter to stay in tune with all our latest news. See you soon!
London, United Kingdom
“Good restaurant... Not a pub”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Been here twice, once for a pint with a mate which wasn't such a great experience due to the lack of draught options and atmosphere.

However I returned the following week for dinner with my girlfriend. The service was adequate, and food was very good. The only thing that would possibly stop me returning is the prices which I think is are a little steep.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Joe B

London
“My favourite pub food in London”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Have eaten in the Sands End several times over the past year and each time it has surpassed my expectations. The food is consistently first class and could easily pass for Michelin * level. Not forgetting the best scotch eggs and sausage rolls in London. Delicious!!

• Visited May 2014
London
“A really nice pub”
Reviewed 8 May 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

This is one of my favourtite pubs. Great food and wine selection and nicely tucked away in a residential area. Scotch eggs - no brainer.

Visited May 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing vegetarian dish”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I've always enjoyed a drink at the sands end, but I've never fancied eating here as a quick glance at the menu would indicate this is not a vegetarian friendly restaurant.
I was wrong! I had the most spectacular spiced aubergine with chickpea panisse, tahini yoghurt, hummus and pickled carrots, followed by pear and frangipane. It was all delicious (including the red wine). I also really enjoyed the bread we were offered to start us off.

The staff are friendly and the service is great.

I will definitely be coming back!

• Visited April 2014
Manchester
“amazing food at a local pub”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We visit London from Manchester several times a year and always go to The Sands End as it is my son's local. It really is a 5 star experience! Our curly haired French waiter (who looked as if he should be called Jacques) was so friendly and funny but totally professional was a great help as some of the dishes had more sophisticated names than we are used to, so we northern philistines needed explanations! All was delicious, well served and although the wine list is smaller than it was(Too much choice previously!) there is still an excellent choice. We always enjoy an evening at the 'oh so trendy' Sands End so will be back in September.

• Visited April 2014