“Rare to find such a high standard of food in perfect setting”
Review of The Sands End

The Sands End
Reserve with OpenTable
The Sands End is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,122 of 23,214 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$41 - US$71
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Sands End Pub and Kitchen where we bring a slice of the countryside to a small corner of South West London. With seasonal food and real ales served among friendly locals enjoying our famous scotch eggs with their dogs lazing at their feet, The Sands End is the perfect location for a great meal and a few drinks. Please contact us if you have any questions or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter to stay in tune with all our latest news. See you soon!
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I've been to the Sands End a few times now and every time I've been impressed by the quality of the food - the menu combines michelin-star style plates (but always with generous portion sizes!) that feature ingredients and flavour combinations I hadn't tried before (I've had the Cauliflower tempura with raisin raita and the Goats curd and quinoa salad which were both amazing) with more classic plates you want on a pub menu, like mussels and seriously good sunday roasts. And while the food is seriously impressive, the pub itself is still a great place to be, whether you just want a coffee and a homemade sausage roll (a must-try!) while you read your newspaper or a fancy dinner for two or a group of friends/ family - the service is faultless.

1  Thank Lou C
There are newer reviews for The Sands End

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Been here twice, once for a pint with a mate which wasn't such a great experience due to the lack of draught options and atmosphere.

However I returned the following week for dinner with my girlfriend. The service was adequate, and food was very good. The only thing that would possibly stop me returning is the prices which I think is are a little steep.

1  Thank Joe B
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Have eaten in the Sands End several times over the past year and each time it has surpassed my expectations. The food is consistently first class and could easily pass for Michelin * level. Not forgetting the best scotch eggs and sausage rolls in London. Delicious!!

Reviewed 8 May 2014

This is one of my favourtite pubs. Great food and wine selection and nicely tucked away in a residential area. Scotch eggs - no brainer.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I've always enjoyed a drink at the sands end, but I've never fancied eating here as a quick glance at the menu would indicate this is not a vegetarian friendly restaurant.
I was wrong! I had the most spectacular spiced aubergine with chickpea panisse, tahini yoghurt, hummus and pickled carrots, followed by pear and frangipane. It was all delicious (including the red wine). I also really enjoyed the bread we were offered to start us off.

The staff are friendly and the service is great.

I will definitely be coming back!