“Has the buzz !”
Review of Signor Sassi

Signor Sassi
Reserve with OpenTable
Signor Sassi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #836 of 23,009 Restaurants in London
Neighbourhood: Knightsbridge
Dublin, Ireland
“Has the buzz !”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Smart busy and loud there is nowhere better when in the mood - the atmosphere certainly outshines the food !

• Visited June 2014

• Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Distrito Federal, Mexico
“Very good food, at good value”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We had dinner at Signor Sassi actually by accident, since we were just passing by and saw the place packed. We figure all those people can't be wrong... the weren't.

The restaurant has gotten several awards, and they take advantage of this, well, who wouldn't, right?

I would tend to agree with the prior comments in the sense that it is not an ultra sophisticated place or dishes, however, I can say that what we had was very good, The pasta with prawns was excellent.

Given the usual high prices in London, I would say the prices here are quite reasonable and for sure, this is not the Olive Garden!!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Pablo M
London, United Kingdom
“Average”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This is a fun restaurant well run by a more-than-stereotypical group of Italians. Atmosphere is good. Food dishes are just ok honestly, nothing amazing. The offer a nice entree with Parmigiano and olive oil, service is attentive and kind. There's a simple wine list and the menu proposes several plates and variations. I had a plate of Pasta alla Norma and it was nothing special, similar experience for who had fish or meat. I mean, it is an ok place but do not expect anything great.

• Visited May 2014
Lymington, United Kingdom
“Mixed emotions”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Visited tonight for dinner and felt we were treated like low life! After we ordered champagne I felt the service improved! We went thinking that this was a fab restaurant to visit!, the staff are great with lots of Italian banter but I have too say my starter of white asparagus was chewy and not good although the sauce was!my main of pasta with crab had lots of bits of crab shell which I had to spit out! At the end of the meal you get some icing sugar coated crisps which I thought looked ok until I saw the waiter pouring everyone's leftovers back into the bowl! Yuk! We were supposed to be going back next month but I'm not sure! Maybe all name and no substance!

Visited June 2014
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Delicious, generous and special”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Visited Signor Sassi on many occasions while in London. Fantastic chunks of Parmesan cheese and fresh bread when you arrive. A very varied and extensive menu. All authentic Italian food - I'm Italian so I know. Waiters friendly and create a warm and relaxed atmosphere.
Our visits to this little gem has been over the last twelve years and the service and quality of the food has been consistent !
See you soon, Signor Sassi
P.s you must book well in advance!

• Visited April 2014