“Excellent service and food”

Hazuki Japanese Restaurant
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
London
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent service and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

Having read a couple of the negative reviews, I was rather nervous to eat here on a Saturday night just before the theatre, but it was fantastic. We had a groupon voucher and had a wide range of sushi and fish starters.

The service was also really great. We told them we had just under an hour and they rushed everything to us - even brought the card machine up with the bill as we were so short on time.

Overall, we couldn't have asked for more. We had a range of 10 or so starters, mains and sides and everything was very good and fresh.

I should also say this restaurant is priced slightly high for the size of the portions - but considering the quality of the fish and the very central location, I don't think this can be faulted.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Katherine R

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
“Worth it (with a Groupon voucher!)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Been there twice with a Groupon voucher - definitly recommended some sort of deal otherwise prices might be a bit off (unless you not a big eater - we enjoy a nice quantity of sushi on the table). Fish was very fresh and tasty - I recommend the tuna and mayonnaise rolls and the california rolls. Tempura was a bit disappointing. Apart from the prices (for a bunch of tempura, sushi, sashimi and dumpling we would have paid £57 as a couple - with the voucher we paid £17...). Nevertheless is a great location, and the food is very very good.

• Visited October 2013
London
“Nice little Japanese restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

I had a groupon voucher although I have been to this restaurant about a year before. I pre-warned my friend as I remembered the service being rather slow but we were not in a hurry so it wasn't an issue. I prefer to sit upstairs as you can normally get a cosy space.

I would recommend the set menus as you get variety and they are reasonably priced. As I love sushi and sashimi I went for set menu C. You get a chef's special (changes) miso soup, sashimi, tempora followed by sushi. All this for £21. I think they have read the reviews as you can not fault the service now. You get course after course, as it's not hot you can eat as quick or as slow as you want. The sashimi are decent sized pieces.

If you go for green tea it will be topped up throughout the evening which is really good. The plum wine is also nice. They are also quite good if you don't want to rush off after dinner (probably depends how busy they are) as we stayed for at least 30 minutes after we'd finished.

It's a convenient location and a nice place to come to catch up with friends. If you don't go for the set menu it is a little bit more pricey.

• Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Respectable Japanese Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Had dinner here on a Tuesday night using a Groupon Voucher. Not sure what the reviews we're talking about but the servers were very friendly and attentive.

The food was really flavourful and seemed quite authentic but then again neither of us have been to Japan.

It was very clean however lacked an ambience or atmosphere. Nothing negative to say though. Toilets were very clean and tidy.

If we didn't however have our Groupon the meal would have been relatively standard pricing of £20 per head without dessert but including a glass of beer or sake.

Definitely recommended however it didn't wow me to visit again...

• Visited September 2013
“tasty and filling Japanese food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

We bought a Groupon for Hazuki as my Dad and I really enjoy Japanese food. After looking up details of the restaurant and seeing the reviews on here, it made me regret slightly making the decision to go.

I was surprised at how small the restaurant was, we were seated upstairs where the tables were about half full, so just the right amount of people about. We both had one of the set menus, that came with starter/tempura/miso soup/rice, I had the teriyaki salmon, my Dad had the mackerel. The starter was cold broccoli in a peanut sauce, which seemed strange to me because I don't normally have it cold, but it wasn't unpleasant. The rest of the meal was standard Japanese fare, really tasty and filling. If you're someone who likes to have some sides, the fish main just comes with rice. I found it filling enough just having that.

I had food envy of the guy sitting a couple of tables over from us, as they ordered the sushi set menu and it looked lovely! Everyone had clean plates, so I think if I went back I might try that. We also had the plum wine which we agreed was the nicest we had tasted.

We're both seasoned Japanese restaurant visitors, work for a Japanese bank and have been to Japan. It's certainly not as inauthentic as people have claimed, and certainly not as bad. I didn't think the waiting staff were nasty at all either, just normal like most other places you go! With our £40 off groupon voucher we only paid £20. Would definitely go again if had a voucher! I can't speak for other people's experiences, but based on our experiences we had a really nice filling meal.

• Visited August 2013