“No expectation but smiled from start to finish”

Alice's Adventures Underground
Ranked #316 of 1,870 things to do in London
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Really fun experience with lots of laughs. Great performers and very slick. Is quite dark and there are narrow corridors but I personally didn't find it too claustrophobic and do suffer sometimes.

All reviews
in 16 reviews
"audience participation"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Attended yesterday with 6 and 10yrs old boys, we did the child friendly experience and it was incredible!!
The moment you walk into the vaults you're immersed into Wonderland with beautiful scenery that makes you feel like you're walking through a woodland. There is a bar and tables all nestled in the woods and you can even have a game of flamingo croquet!! There is a cloakroom to leave your bags as they're not allowed in, and you can't take photos/film once you enter the experience. I won't give away too much but the experience is fully immersive, you "fall down the hole" and then meet Mr W Rabbit and this is where you are then split into 2 groups, "eat me" & "drink me". Families/groups are kept together and you meet the Queen, Humpty Dumpty, Cheshire cat, Tweedledee & Tweedledee, Mad Hatter and the Caterpillar. As you walk through Wonderland the scenery and experience are brilliant supporting the theatrical production and including the guests in the experience. It concludes with a tea party with Hatter and Alice.
The whole thing, just over an hour was brilliant and very well produced. Both my boys loved it and were fully involved throughout.
Incredible experience i would 100% recommend

2  Thank challing
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

My Husband and I are massive Alice fans and regular theatre goers. Having heard great things about this show, I booked tickets for us to go. What an amazingly immersive and entertaining show, we loved every minute of it! I won't spoil the Wonderland adventures, but prepare to leave your inhibitions at the top of the rabbit hole and get swept away in a magical adventure. Just go, everyone should go! Best show of the year!

Reviewed 15 August 2017

This was my first visit to The Vaults for what was advertised as an ‘literally one of the best theatre experiences you’ll ever have.’ Shortly after entering down the rabbit hole, the group is split in half to begin separate, immersive journeys into what is meant to be an enchanting land. Encounters range from a visit to the royal kitchen, an acrobatic presentation from Tweedledee and Tweedledum a seat at the long, dinner table. It was hard to breath in the lagoon where we were serenaded. The piece culminates in the courtroom where everyone is reunited for the finale. Immersive, yes. Theatre, not in my opinion. I couldn’t help but compare it to The London Dungeons, which I found a great deal preferable. The idea is that visitors can come again and again and each time have a completely different experience. Sadly for me, one visit was more than enough.

3  Thank Godsgloriousworld
See more reviews
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

What can we say.... Amazing! We all thoroughly enjoyed this exceeded all our expectations. From start to finish you are on a magical journey and the actors work extremely hard and keep everyone entertained but involved. You mix and mingle with different people (hi Keith) that you think some people are part of the show but there not! The food and drinks where very good not sure where the negative views come from and I'm very fussy so would not eat rubbish. We enjoyed this so much that we are going to do it again just so we can go the eat me journey?! Highly recommend night out with friends or even in your own as a couple of on your own. Thank you to all the hard work by all the staffs and actors for making it a memorable night