“Lovely atmosphere, great location!”

Andaz London Liverpool Street
Ranked #122 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Oslo, Norway
“Lovely atmosphere, great location!”
Reviewed 11 January 2012

The Andaz hotel has a lovely atmosphere with its contemporary design, situated in a classic building. The staff were wonderful without “overdoing” their attention to us. Great location, especially for those who are travelling via Stansted .

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
AndazLiverpoolStreet, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, 12 January 2012
Thank you so much for sharing this great review following your recent stay with us. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and to read you found our staff wonderful. I'll make sure to pass those comments over to the rest of the team and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Best wishes, Arnaud.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Overall a good place to stay with good restaurants. It's very much like a sophisticated boutique in a trendy part of the City. I had a great room which was very loft like. The service was good and the breakfasts were really worth it. Great character and I will be back.

• Stayed December 2011
AndazLiverpoolStreet, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, 11 January 2012
Thank you so much for the fantastic review following your stay here at Andaz Liverpool Street at the end of last year. I am so pleased you had a good stay with us and to read you will be back. On behalf of the Andaz team, I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Best wishes, Arnaud.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 January 2012

I needed to be in the City as i had a meeting and this hotel came up under the top secret ones in last minute, The hotel is nice but they had not said in the description that the lobby wa shut and no access to lounge. i was in a hurry checking in and did not notice our room waws opposite the service doors so ended up after trying to get an early night listening to every conceivabe door bank on my corridor. The neighbours had no care for anyone else. I could have asked to be moved but i am sick of doing it, i must take ear plugs, but then why stay in a 5 star hotel and wear ear plugs? When we came in from an early dinner, people check in were seated and having wine and nibbles, Hmmm where are mine. The room and amienaties are nice and little touches of soft drinks and snacks are lovely,again i should stick to what i know and Crown Plaza and Marriot, room not near a lift or service door or hatch. Would i stay again, if i had too. Should you try it yes.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share the feedback from your recent stay with us. I am very sorry though for any inconvenience caused to you during the closure of our Lounge (lobby) the first week of January as the floors were being refurbished. It was just for this one week that the Lounge had moved over to the 1901 Lounge area. I also apologise for the noise issues you experienced during your stay. I am pleased that overall you were impressed with the hotel and room itself so I really do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Andaz in the very near future to show you what we are really made of. Best wishes, Arnaud.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 January 2012

I have stayed at the Andaz in London a couple of times, included a long term stay in 2011. Overall, this is a very good hotel with very nice, generally large rooms and baths, nice amenities like free non-alcoholic drinks and snacks from the minibar and a snack and drink area in the lobby - including wine and appetizers in the evening (although be very careful - apparently this is for one welcome glass of wine, not a place to hang out - the staff will definitely remind you of this). There are several restaurants of varying cuisine and formality, including seafood, casual, upscale British, and both a english pub and champagne bar. I ate at all of them at various times and they were all good and provided enough variation during your stay. The one thing noticeably missing is a real lounge that almost every other hotel offers. I did eat room service several times and while a complete menu with many options - it was often very lengthy between ordering and delivery and the quality of the food varied many nights - some nights definitely better than others.

The gym is very nice. While not that big, it is certainly sufficient with a good selection of aerobic and weight equipment. The locker and shower rooms are private and well stocked and kept. There is usually a trainer in the gym who are willing and open to answering questions, as well as more formalized training services. Sall is definitely a great trainer at the Andaz.

There are a couple of things that stand in the way of making this a really great hotel. The first is the lobby and front desk processes. There is not a real front desk. I understand what they are trying to do, making the process more relaxed and comfortable - but it creates massive confusion with guests and staff, especially at busy times, and really slows down the process. Checking in guests via the iPad is, at first a good thought, but the iPad can't activate keys, print statements and do other common tasks that require the trip to the desk in the middle of the lobby.

The second things is the seemingly high turnover of staff. While some of the staff is really excellent and accommodating in both the lobby and restaurants, many of the staff could benefit from some customer service training and closer monitoring. I encountered several times that staff would answer your questions more with what you wanted to hear versus finding out the right answer. This was not appreciated a couple of different times during my stay.

Despite these couple of glitches, I would definitely opt to stay at the Andaz on my next trip to London - it is a very good hotel in central London.

Room Tip: There are some rooms on the inside of the hotel which some people liked to avoid the street noise...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing the comments from your past stays. It is great to hear that overall you enjoy staying at the hotel, and I am really pleased to read you will again be with us on your next trip to London. I am sorry however that there are some aspects of the service you feel are still missing. I appreciate the feedback and will certainly forward it to our team for discussion. I look forward to welcoming you again soon. Best wishes, Arnaud.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Stayed here few times, service has never been good and most of the staff are quite rude. Except my client has offices nearby I wouldnt stay here, better hotels in London than this. I also had similar problem about early checkin after transatlantic flights, best bet is to book the night before as they never check you in early.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
AndazLiverpoolStreet, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, 9 January 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback although I am very sorry to read you have not enjoyed your recent stays with us. Early check-in can certainly be requested, and if a room is ready upon early arrival our team are happy to check our guests in. However, we are just not in a position to guarantee early check-in requests without pre-booking the night prior as if we have been fully booked we need to wait for those guests to check-out to then reservice the room with check-out time being up to 12pm. In relation to our team, it is not the norm to hear this feedback on the service delivery but I will certainly follow this feedback up with them. I do sincerely hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back once more and show you what we really can deliver. Best wishes, Arnaud.
Los Angeles
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Stayed here while I was in London for the New Years Eve celebrations. The liverpool street tube station is right next to the property. There are two exits you can take from the rail station to get to the Andaz but the one I remember is the one where the McDonalds is. Once you find the McDonalds, make a left at the street and the Andaz is a block away. The lobby is nice and checkin is done by the staff on iPads. Staff was great at checkin and offered a welcome drink. I booked a regular room but upgraded to a queen room. The size of the room is comparable to hotels in the US. The bathroom was not that big but it was clean and did the job. The only annoyance like the other reviewers have mentioned is the toilet flush. It makes a very loud noise but you get used to it. Good thing is you don't hear it in the room but if you're in the bathroom you can hear the toilets go off often from other rooms. Like all the other Andaz properties, the mini bar is free except for alcoholic beverages. I think that is a great touch that makes me choose the Andaz properties over other brands. I was offered evening room service but didn't need it. The London Tower is not too far away from here and is a good 20 minute wal away. I'm a Starbucks addict and loved that there was a Starbucks in the train station and one outside the train station. I would definately stay here again when in London.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
AndazLiverpoolStreet, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, 19 January 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay at Andaz Liverpool Street during your New Year's trip to London. I am really pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and also to see that you are a regular guest staying at our other Andaz properties. These are certainly nice comments that I will share with the rest of the team. The toilets are eco-friendly by using 80% less water than a traditional toilet so they can be slightly noisier than any regular system. I do hope we will be able to welcome you back to Andaz Liverpool Street in the near future.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We checked in for a week using hubbie's GP rewards. We arrived from an 8 am flight jet lagged and even though we asked for early check-in, we were told that we could not check in before 11 am. So we kind of hung out in the lobby, had something to eat next door and a room was finally available. We asked for a quiet room and later that night had to be moved because our room was right over a patio for a pub downstairs and the noise bounced off the buildings.

It was a hassle to say the least. The staff reminded us so many times that we were using GP to stay there as if they were giving us something free! As a Diamond/platinum members we have paid twice over. We were finally given a quiet room and we were happy there for the rest of our time.

The hotel definitely is not for tourists more for business but the locations cannot be beat. We walked so many places it was fantastic and the tube is right next door. The attached restaurant has a german flair and was delicious.

The staff could use some better customer service training - and as a disclaimer we are not typical American travelers.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for one away from the pub noise.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
AndazLiverpoolStreet, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, 6 January 2012
Thank you for sharing the feedback from your recent stay with us. While I am really pleased you enjoyed the restaurants of the hotel and the convenient location, I was sorry to read that the service level provided was not as should have been expected. We highly value our Hyatt Gold Passport members and appreciate that you chose Andaz to redeem your points in although I do apologise if this was not conveyed. Your feedback has been raised with our team. I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you both back again to show you what our team is really made of. Best wishes for 2012, Arnaud.