“Fab hotel”

Ranked #125 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Atlanta
“Fab hotel”
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Stayed here quite a few times now, and each visit never disappoints.

The rooms are great in the hotel, up to the usual Andaz standard.

The location is great. Not being in the touristy part of town is part of the allure, as you have a whole part of London to explore that you likely wouldn't get to.

Tower of London and Bridge, Millennium Bridge and Tate Modern and St.Pauls all a short walk. Great bars and restaurants abound.

Don't miss the George for good choice of beer, and the full English breakfast in Eastway - one of the best I've ever had.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
AndazLiverpoolStreet, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, 20 July 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay here at Andaz Liverpool Street and I am pleased you have stayed with us a few times now. I am thrilled to read all your wonderful comments. The location is certainly great as we are in the most authentic part of the city and only a short walk to the vibrant East London. I hope to see you again very soon. Best, Arnaud

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (363)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Bardonia, New York
Reviewed 16 July 2012

My least favorite thing about this hotel is that it feels like a maze. Service is good. Rooms are clean and comfortable but not "homey".

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for your comments and I am pleased to read you were impressed by the level of service our team provided. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Andaz in the near future. Best, Arnaud
London
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We stayed at the hotel for a whole weekend for both business and leisure. The rooms are fitted to a very high standard, modern and clean (not many London properties offer a clean room, even in the highest categories). I really like the calm music at reception and Anna, our concierge, was extremely pleasant and knowledgeable.

We were on a high-floor and there was little noise. I did not like the fact that I could not open the windows, but I suppose this is an American thing. The complimentary minibar for all non-alcoholic beverages is great, as is free wifi and the bathroom toiletries. The bed was comfortable and the entire room had a welcoming feel.

The hotel is very sleek and offers several food venues. Eastway offers food of somewhat mixed quality and some staff had no clue about the dinner and stay package of the hotel. But all were very eager to please.

1901 is a mixed bag. Not all staff are polished enough to make this restaurant stand out and some had no idea about what it is they are plating up. The restaurant itself is very nice and the food is very good at very resonable rates. Again, I would say that they are getting there. They are polite and eager, but may need that Hyatt finishing touch which is missing at the moment.

The night receptionist - well, the person really was the only sore point here. When approached about booking a car for a guest of ours, I was told that they don't do that, I have to go to the street (at 2am) and try my luck myself. Extremely unhelpful, extremely rude for a five star. When I asked whether they could book an Addisson Lee for us with an ipad app (bearing in mind that the Hyatt's only work on iPads), I was told that was impossible and that the cars would never show up. Both statements are factually incorrect. So, I as a guest at a five star hotel, had to go to my room, start the computer, download the app and organise a car myself, which then promptly arrived ten minutes later. That receptionist/concierge needs to go back to the drawing board and get much more training in front of house services. Really annoyed me how unhelpful she was.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Critical_Mind
Thank you very much for choosing to stay here at Andaz Liverpool Street and I am thrilled that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your comment on Anna which I will pass on to her. All windows in every room that overlook a busy street are required to be blocked by the local authority however you can ask Guest Services to open it for you if you wish. I apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with the taxi arrangements late at night and please rest assured this does not reflect the usual level of service we provide and it will be addressed with the team. Thank you for your other comments, we will make sure to review them internally. In the meantime, I look forward to welcoming you back to Andaz very soon. Best wishes, Arnaud
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I have stayed in many of the top hotels in London but this one is definately topping my list for a number of reasons:

1. Staff were excellent - nothing was too much trouble and there is always someone in reception to help
2. Room was lovely and by far the largest I have had in London
3. The location is brilliant - it is so easy to get almost anywhere in London from Liverpool Street or alternatively there are loads of taxis very nearby.
4. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have slept in at a hotel

We had a fabulous stay and will certainly be back!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
AndazLiverpoolStreet, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, 18 July 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments following you recent stay with us. I am so pleased to read Andaz Liverpool Street is for you the best hotel in London and we can't wait to welcome you back. Best wishes, Arnaud
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2012

What a hotel! I stayed with my boyfriend for two nights in May 2012, celebrating my 21st birthday. On arrival we were seated in reception, offered a complimentary drink and quickly checked in.

Our room was just lovely with everything you could need and no expenses spared - large Samsung television, Bose iPod dock, minibar (which was again complimentary) and a big comfortable bed. The room window looked out into the hotel, which sounds strange but it did look impressive. We were also impressed to find a sweet cupcake waiting in the room after we had been out, with a happy birthday message iced beside it.

The bathroom is well stocked with toiletries but also with face wipes and cotton buds, which I haven't actually found in hotel rooms previously. Other reviewers comment on the toilet being noisy. I agree that there is quite a loud noise just after you flush, but this is only momentary and at no point do I recall hearing flushes from other rooms.

The building is quite different to anything I'd experienced before. Reception is a large, modern space, with aromatherapy scents adding to the ambiance. We were told that wine and canapes were on offer at about 6pm, but couldn't see where this was. There is a space just off reception, where you are free to take drinks back up to your room from.

The location is ideal whether you are travelling for business or leisure, just a few minutes' walk from the tube/train station and close to the city/Shoreditch etc.

Overall, I highly recommend the Andaz Liverpool Street. The staff were very polite and welcoming, the room was flawless, the building one of a kind and the location ideal. I can't do it justice with words so hopefully the pictures will speak a thousand words.

Room Tip: I'm sure all are wonderful!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Charlotte G
Thank you so much for the fantastic comments following your stay with us back in May to celebrate your 21st birthday and I wish you a Happy belated Birthday. I am thrilled you enjoyed your experience here at Andaz Liverpool Street so much and will make sure to pass on your review to the rest of the team. Drinks and canapes are served daily on the large table in the Andaz Lounge. On behalf of the whole Andaz Team, I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon. Best wishes, Arnaud.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I was in London on holiday with my 5 and 8 year old girls and booked one night here -- wished it could have been longer! It was a truly fabulous experience. We arrived after a long journey - air from Ireland, Heathrow Express and taxi. My girls were exhausted and hungry. When we entered the lobby, we were treated like royalty. The girls were given bowls of fresh strawberries and kids guides to London. How thoughtful!! One of the restaurants on property was recommended and it was oerfect! Next time !'m in London I will pay more than I'm used to and stay here. It was that good.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments following your recent stay with us. I am thrilled you and your daughters enjoyed your Andaz experience and will make sure to pass your comments to the rest of the team. In the meantime, I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Andaz soon. Best wishes, Arnaud
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Clean lines and minimalist decor personify this conveniently located hotel. Very professional and helpful staff greet you on arrival. Comfortable beds with nice linens and towels. Have also stayed here with ur daughter who left a favored stuffed animal in the room....staff coated it and presented it on our departure! Easy Tube and train access. Bathrooms are clean and well presented. Toiletries including conditioner which many hotels forego nowadays are very nice and not too flowery smelling. The staff are unfailingly friendly and greet you on arrival.

Room Tip: It is nicest to have a room with. An outside facing window as opposed to on facing the inner courtya...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank marlena m
Thank you for the wonderful comments following your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read you enjoyed the hotel itself as well as the location and most importantly the great service our team provided. Thanks again and on behalf of the whole Andaz Team, I look forward to welcoming you back to Andaz soon. Best, Arnaud